• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Garry

[engine_work] 205 Gti 6 Supercharged

Garry
now that is awesome!! incredibly quick and it looks like you have pretty good traction too! Is it just me or is the speedo a bit jittery? like its a little kinked maybe?

The speedo is a little jittery due to wheel spin! 'Bruntingthrope' was quite bumpy :D

The cable is new, so I hope not!

Cabana
s*it the bed!!!! that looks quality!!!!

I'll second that, bet it's a giggle to drive!

maturin23

That clip made me choke on my glass of wine - you've ruined my new shirt ;)

That looks stunningly fast :blink:

Edited by maturin23

Garry

Wine?! ;)

easypug

Not to shabby at all mate, what tyres are you running there? Also have you got the exhaust sorted out?

tidypug

Looks good Garry, how drivable is the car now compared to before?

Garry

I was using some Toyo T1S, traction should be OK with the R888's. The strip was quite bumpy which didn't help traction either.

The exhaust is being sorted week after next, bigger boxes being added.

To drive it is a bit of a handfull if you are brutal with the throttle, you really have to hang on at the top end of 2nd as it torque steers. But to me thats the beauty of the conversion, its like having 2 16v engines, the mega power is developed quite high up the rev range, so you always have the option of changing up a little earlier if needs be.

Having driven mine a fair bit now, I doubt the real world usability of the high boost version, unless you are doing 100+ where it really shines.

I wonder if we can develop a variable boost controller?

danpug

Looks bloody rapid. How is the power delivery? It seems to kick like a turbo does or is that just the nature of the engine, being a valver?

Garry

It kicks when it comes on cam and then just pulls and pulls up to the limiter, imagine it like having two 16v engines.

I haven't had it dyoned yet but the power curves from other engines of the same spec just go up in a straight line, no surges or dips.

richsmells

... adds supercharger to birthday wish list.... :) Awesome!

cybernck
imagine it like having two 16v engines.

it's easy for you to say... :)

• Like 1

tom_m

are you on bogo 1.9 box garry? any plans to try some longer ratios with all that torque?

Garry

Mi16 box Tom, I am pretty confident this box will be good for track use. The torque is developed quite high up in the rev range ie from 4k onwards. I will try and nick the power curves from the 306 forum.

BusEngineer

Just read this in full, what a car, what a conversion and i must say bravo to the builder.

Looks really really quick, makes me really want to get my finger out and do something special to mine :rolleyes:

j_turnell

Looks very fast and traction doesn't seem too bad, good work!!

returnofjim

excellent work my friend, will it be at pugfest?

Henry 1.9GTi

:D

looks like it would pull off the clock the same as my 20-60, wouldn't want to do it at a bumpy bruntingthorpe though :(

Garry

I won't be going to pugfest.

The car is at DES at the moment getting bigger boxes fitted to the exhaust, fingers crossed it will be successful.

For those that are interested, please see below a graph comparison between the low boost and high boost conversions, they are flywheel figures.

My car is currently running the same map as the low boost car, so output should be pretty similar.....

Note the High boost version only really starts to make headway from 5.5k onwards, having driven mine a fair bit now I am not sure how useable that would be in the real world. The 306 I went in seemed to cope OK though.

SCDynoData.jpg

allanallen

lookin good garry.

just curious, are you uisng standard spec plugs and gap distances?

Garry

Hello, I am using grade 8 plugs which are colder than the standard grade 6 that the GTi 6 usually uses. The gaps are the samer.

Guest Tom306

My friend had his GTi-6 converted by Lynx and I have had the privelige of driving it, really an amazing experience! Top marks for choosing this conversion and doing it all yourself!

His was dyno'd at 259.1bhp I believe, obviously running the same boost as yours! He has plans to rebuild the engine and take it upto 400 though I believe!

Edited by Tom306

EnglishRob

I read through the whole thread, was an interesting story. It amazes me how you guys manage things like this. The extent of my ability is to probably change a bulb :lol:

Looks very nice anyway. I was amazed at that speedo video. I had to kick my other half off her PC to watch it (my PC doesn't play Youtube videos for some reason). It looks scary fast. I think if I drove a car that quick I'd either crash or crap my pants at the extreme speed! :D

If you ever do come down to Exeter (as mentioned earlier in the thread) I'd certainly love to see your handy work in the flesh.

Great stuff :-)

Rob

VisaGTi16v

Absolutely bloody ridiculous, now do I keep my savings for a house deposit or supercharge an xu10...... :lol:

sounds of silence

looks minted

feb

Congratulations for doing all this work yourself, you have a lot of courage to undertake such a project ;)

I wish I could do 1/3 of what you have done!

The car seems f"#¤ing quick btw! Are you planning to fit a LSD?

Edited by feb