• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
All Praise The GTI

406 Mc Leaking

All Praise The GTI

ive fitted a 406 mc as i got gti-6 brakes,new lines,no compensators and new braided bits went to bleed the system and it leakes from bottom of mc where it joins the servo. is it because its a 406 one and the thingy needs adjusting or could it just be because the rubber seal is old?

also if it makes any difference there are a couple of washers behind lower part of servo to tilt it due to doing a 6 conversion.

any ideas much appreciated as want it fixed and brakes bleed tommorrow

tom_m

thats not a fluid join, the mc is a sealed unit where it goes into the servo. check your mc more closely. its probably leaking from the reservoir to mc or one of the brake lines join and running round.

All Praise The GTI

thats what i thought. brand new lines and sure they were not leaking. wasnt sure if the reservoir was pushed in properly,looked funny as its gti one in a 406mc.

the leak looked like it was coming from base of mc and running down the servo but it may have run out the seal on reservoir and down the back. will have to check. bugger now i took it back off!

also is there a easy way to bleed brakes when the whole system is completely dry?

pug_ham

As said, check the seals where the reservoir fits into the mc body. The 406 reservoir is fine on a 205 either that or get one from a 306. Best thing about there is the Gunsons easi-bleed fits them better.

also is there a easy way to bleed brakes when the whole system is completely dry?

Using a pressure bleeding kit, such as Gunson's easi-bleed.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this