• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matty_gti

Heater Isn't Producing Heat!

matty_gti

hi folks, in the title really, my heater spins and works in the respect and produces cold air (has to be the winter doesnt it) but when on the hot setting theres no change, just cold air. Ive replaced the coolent and have bleed the system 3 times but with no luck. Had a fiddle with the blower but still no luck. Any help would be fantasic as when i drive her i cant feel my hands or face!! :wub:

Thanks, Matt

jord294

it may be possible for the cable control behind the hot/cold dial, to have worked loose.

is there any resistance when you turn it?

matty_gti

Hi, Yeah you can feel resistance and also hear somthing moving or opening and closing however the dial im my other 205 has a bit more resistance to it???.

Matt

Pugnut

with the car up to temp if you feel the two heater pipes going through the bulkhead they should both be hot . if they arent then you either have an air lock or the heater rad is blocked. since you've bled a few times and theres normally not a problem with these airlocking then it looks like you need to replace the heater rad .

if you look in the drivers footwell you'll see it . some people take their dash to bits to change it but theres an easy way and it should only take an hour total to swap . use the search function . its been covered many times .

sussex_gti

Mine was like this, does the car get up to correct temp? My thermostat was stuck open, and wasnt letting the gine warm up sufficiantly.

toddydal

my sons pug 106 was not getting hot inside the car,i thought it was thermostat but turned out it was airlocked and once i bled it a few times it was ok,but if uve already bled the car it could be the stat or heater matrix could do with a rinse out,i had a vauxhall cavalier and that was bastad freezing inside the car and soon as i flushed all the crap out of the matrix the heater was red hot

matty_gti

Thanks for the help guys.

Well after a hard days banking i got home not being able to feel my fingers so i rememberd to feel the heater matrix pipes and both were stone cold!. I then felt both pipes next to the bulk head and didnt feel terribly hot so my problem may be in a blockage else where?.

A few weeks ago however when i bleed the system for the um teenth time i did manage to get water coming out of the bleed valve on the top hose. My question is which way does the water flow on the top pipe is it into the heater or out??.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this