• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
5150maxie

Stop Light

5150maxie

my stop light and oil pressure light is flicking?on tick over i have oil in and the pressure guage doesnt move from the first mark.could worn bottom end bearings cause this low oil pressure warning?

welshpug

yup, but more likely is dodgy wiring + senders.

5150maxie

just had a look all the guages are working ok.i think its the bottom end shalls.my mates coming to have a look.oil pressure is still low and does not move.i dont like driving my 205 in winter any way so i will take i of the road until jan i havent got the time at the moment :D

i might be selling it in the new year anyway,

cheers

5150maxie
my stop light and oil pressure light is flicking?on tick over i have oil in and the pressure guage doesnt move from the first mark.could worn bottom end bearings cause this low oil pressure warning?

ive removed the sump and breather pipes.there is a little play in the small end bearings left to right.the oil filler breather hose t-piece has creamy stuff in the but all the other hoses are find.I have removed the oil pressure sensor and put a new one on.i will take the oil pump of next.

one more question,the oil pump pulley/spocket chain can be move round by hand?and moves when engine is turned over?(iknow it sound strange)

pug_ham
one more question,the oil pump pulley/spocket chain can be move round by hand?and moves when engine is turned over?(iknow it sound strange)

This could be the cause of the oil pressure guage not moving & the stop light staying on.

Is your crank pulley bolt torqued up tight enough? (80lbft)

Its a bit of a (un)lucky dip on the engines if the have the woodruff key in the oil pump sprocket inthe crankshaft.

If they don't then it is very important to make sure the crank pulley bolt is torqued up properly or it has been known that the pump will barely make enough pressure to show any signs of flow. If any at all.

Graham.

5150maxie

Graham,

should the chain sprocket be able to be moved round by hand or just with the crank?

simonb
Graham,

should the chain sprocket be able to be moved round by hand or just with the crank?

Should just be with the crank if everything is OK. It is the pressure form the tightened crank pulley bolt that drives the pump and is an absolutly naff piece of design if you ask me. If the bolt is loose, then the stop light will most likely be on when running. Don't let it run for too long like that, just check the bolt torque it up and try again.

HTH

5150maxie
Should just be with the crank if everything is OK. It is the pressure form the tightened crank pulley bolt that drives the pump and is an absolutly naff piece of design if you ask me. If the bolt is loose, then the stop light will most likely be on when running. Don't let it run for too long like that, just check the bolt torque it up and try again.

HTH

the crank bolt is tight and will not go no more as the engine turns,i could do with a lockin tool just to make sure.the pumps turns ok by hand i think its a design on early ones as iv read.

heres my main bearing

post-7245-1198026618_thumb.jpg

5150maxie

sorry to carry this thread on a bit, but i have just double checked and tightened the crank bolt properly and locked the fly wheel.Now the oil pump chain does not move my hand :)a least i ve cleaned everthing.just waiting for my new shells :wub: finger crossed i ve sorted it.

Thanks for all your advice.

5150maxie

sorted it i have perfect oil pressure every thing is working perfect thanks for all your advice.this is my christmas presant :blush: theres me saying i havent got time!

Edited by 5150maxie

McPikie

Another happy customer, lol

Sign in to follow this