• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pip470

Recomend Me A Exhaust Fabricator Please

pip470

I would really like a professional exhaust making up from my gti6 manifold all the way back. Ive had a go myself and made a complete hash of it. Any body know of any companies. Ive heard of powerflow not heard of any feedback from anyone who has used them. Any help much appreciated. Cheers phill

sutol

One in Wigan who makes custom stainless systems but can't get his details 'till Monday.

All Praise The GTI

i am going this route fairly soon, luckily there is an a14 tyres locall( a powerflow distributor i think) and i know the guys there so hopefully they will knock me up a good job cheaply.

what size bore are you going to use???

i was thinking 2 1/4 straight through with one silencer or rear box but not sure really

pip470

That would be great, How do you know of him? Have you seen his work? Cheers sutol

All praise i was thinking maybe 2" straight through with one back box but i will see what the fabricator recommends, Its got to be quiet enough for a track day otherwise its a waste of money.

Edited by pip470

All Praise The GTI

yeah i did have that in mind. 98dbs isnt it or have i just made that up???

sutol

That would be great, How do you know of him? Have you seen his work? Cheers sutol

Know of him through my son who did some electrical work on his garage. Not seen his work but Andy (son) is having a system made for his 86 BMW. I think this guy makes bike silencers as well but I'm not sure. I will find out early next week for you.

SamGTi

The Powerflow dealer in Burnley is very good. I had a complete system + decat made up and so did 3 of my mates. Mine is still on the Corsa it was made for over 5 years on (now on anther owner) and they give you lots of options over looks and sounds and they make it up very quick but to a decent standard.

welshpug

Ask PeterT, IIRC he reccomends 2.25" for the main system with a 2" tail on 16v engines, he also gives specific details for the silencers which I can't remember.

I've seen a 205 with an 1" 7/8ths tailpipe and that was really quiet exhaust wise for a 200 bhp Mi16 on twin 45's! and apparentyl it didnt affect the power+torque at all, recorded at 88DB.

Built by DES developments, they do a gti6 exhaust system IIRC too.

mos

i used a company called blueflame near skemersdale, not far from wigan

they have a good rep and do a lot of stuff for the vw/audi folks.

they also work/have worked for oe manufacturers including aston martin and tvr amoungst others

i told them i wanted as quiet system as possible but with a nice note at idle etc for my 2.1 s16 runing bodies

the system they came up with is mated to a maniflow manifold that miles supplied and it is well made in good quality stainless steel and comes with a lifetime guarantee

my car on the road is quieter than my other 205 with a full magnex on, motorway journeys are great with most of the noise being when i hit the throttle and the bodies stir.

its not hurt power or torque at all as sandys recent thread about my new inlet manifold and remapping the engine proved, the car produces 230+bhp and 200lbft

originally i had tube torque build a system for it, that was appalling it was massively too loud, poorly made, blowing from welds and kept falling off as it did not fit its hangers properly. thankfully i think they have gone bump now as the guy who originally run it who had a good rep had heart problems, his kids took over got some drunken muppet in to build the exhausts and then fobbed customers who complained until they closed the business. classic case of good business gone bad

anyway they seem to have gone now as everytime i am in macclesfield i go past, to check they not started up again and the unit is closed. interestingly they closed it just after i told them i was taking them to the small claims court! (rant over!)

the powerflow stuff i have seen is also pretty poor so my advice would be to steer of them as well

mark

pip470

Thanks for that mos, Thats what i need really wanted was someone who comes recomended. I hate being dissapointed when your paying good money. Cheers phill

mos
Thanks for that mos, Thats what i need really wanted was someone who comes recomended. I hate being dissapointed when your paying good money. Cheers phill

no problem

what i forgot to mention is that i originally used them when i had a audi tt and they buit me a full system with sports cats for that car and that was a great system as well

mark

pip470

Thanks for that nick i will wait till i get the details for the first one and ring them all to see if i get a gut feeling for one of them and choose. I think blye flame is winning at the moment as its been recomended and is only half an hour away. will keep you informed

blackscooby

2nd vote for Tony Law. Seen his work on a number of cars at Harewood Hillclimb etc. Mate had a Tony Law exhaust on his Metro sprint car and it was a work of art.

McPikie

Steer clear of the old guy in Wigan. Cuts and shuts with less strength than a Twinings Tea.

Powerflow used to be good, not sure they still are.

Blueflame sound ok

Sign in to follow this