• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Jazz

My Car Often Dies... Any Fixes

Jimmy Jazz

I know this is a common problem with gti's but I need to fix it...

When I start my car, especially when cold then revs go crazy... up, down, up down... often the car suts out all together...

This evening I was leaving work and some chavs came to sort me out; for some reason they have a problem with me and keep trying to have me in their mk2 golf gti... No chance...

Anyway, this evening they were chasing me giving it "black-guns" (if any one knows what that is please let me know)...

I had to slow down, possibly stop for a humped zebra crossing whilst they were on my tail and my car cut out... it then failed to start which is unusial but the battery would have been very cold which may be why...

As you can imagine my stopping in the road with these homeboys on my tail didnt help the situation; they tried to turn it into a riot stomping all over the place... With one of me and two of them with a gang network it is not worth starting anything (as you can imagine)

Anyway... to save me from these wana-be raceboyz please tell me what the best fix is for this problem...

Thank you, James

ORB

It would not crank over due to lack of power? or turned fast and would not fire?

Oh, I find its best with the little scummers to get out of the car and talk to them, no lip, just no fear, take an interest in thier motor.

I did once take another route, I chased one of the little scummers on his own, and scared s*it out of him. then had a crack with him, just a friendly one and let him see tha I am not a scummer like him.

After a wee while, he calmed down and realised I am not a threat (thats why they get upset) and he and his mates have been cool since, infact, they do odd jobs for me and the wife in the garden in exchange for weekend beers. (16ft fir trees cut down and removed for a fivers worth of fosters is cool by me :D )

Jimmy Jazz

Cheers for the respoonses lads.. the car does turn over but doesnt fire... I am more concerned with sorting the idleing out at the moment...

P.S. These chavs are from Calne... They love trouble and they all like to gang up cos they are to woosy to go it alone...

I tried talking to the blighters; I even suggested that perhaps they may like to lend me a jump start. As you can imagine this went down like a sack of diamonds in a ghetto...

James

scumbag

Get on ebay! Get a baseball bat steering wheel lock. You can legally carry it in the front of the car in passenger footwell.

If they gob off a wave of that will make them go away. Or follow them home one night, just so they know you know where they live!

jim21070

As you say, a common problem. Do a few searches and you'll find loads of advice on this but in a nutshell, check your fuelling and inlet tract very carefully and fully searching especially for air leaks.

This problem will keep you reading here for hours :D

scumbag

with regards to the idling, I have in the week I have owned the car, become extremely proficient at managing to brake, accelerate and change gear. all at the same time to prevent cutting out :D :D

Jimmy Jazz

The problem is they already know where I live cos a few nights ago they chased me up the a4... When they saw me at home they yelled abuse at me... unnecessary..

p.s. I love the baseball idea

scumbag

Bought mine 11.49 inc post!!!! But if you know anyone with a Maccess card (a trade outlet) you can get them 5.99 + vat!

Just ignore the little mugs. Little 17 year old scrotes trying to mark territory or some cr@p. They'll get bored soon enough.

The local gob near me was mouthing off at the lights one day when I was on my bike. I saw him walking past my house alone, followed him for a bit and made it clear what would be coming his way if he didnt stop :D haha

Jimmy Jazz

I like it...

My prob is I am 17 and I am not a yob; these lads are 17-19 and are yobs and see my car as competition.

When coming out of work I am usually by myself; these other lads hang in groups for the moral support.

If I ever see one by himself I will most prob try and lay him out but if I ever go back into town there will be some chav-hit-squad after me...

A tricky situation, I dont want to be walked over by some under-educated chavs yet I dont want to get stabbed by some1 who thinks they look "wicked" in an all in one white tracksuit with his socks tucked neatly into his socks...

James

Jimmy Jazz

Also, I can understand that carrying the baseball bat steering lock is fine... Is there any problems with using it?

Can I say that the chav hit himself over the head?

These chaps are not very smart so the police would more than likely believe me...

James

scumbag

Don't whack anyone with it. If you go wandering the streets with it, it'll prob be classed as an offensive weapon and then you'll get nicked.

You don't need to whack anyone. Best way is to get a few mates, cover up, get him by himself, give a warning.

Just don't do anything stupid, or anything that can be traced directly to you or that leaves marks!

scumbag

BTW I am not encouraging violence, but do feel that the way the youths are going is out of control and they need a scare to sort them out!

Jimmy Jazz

Thank You for your advice, certainly food for thought...

Cheers,

James

richard

Can we get this back on topic please.

Check your AFM, connections to it and the SAD (Supplementary Air Device) this controls your cold start fuelling so if working the car wont cut out when cold.

As your 17, and your insurance must be criminal i seriously suggest you forget about these wannabe hitmen. Because if you get done by the police for 'street racing' you wont have a license. And you'll have to retake your test.

Oh and if your booting it from cold, you'll be needing a nice replacement engine soon.

Jimmy Jazz

I am trying to be safe; I dont encourage these gangsters as I may on foot...

Usually I dont give it any beanz unless everything is up to temp but sometimes you have to move a bit swiftly...

My insurance is disgusting... But to be honest insuring anything at my age is expensive so I may aswell pay a bit more and have a lot more fun...

Only one company would insure me with a sensible offer.... Others were asking for in excess of 5k for third party...

Silly...

Sign in to follow this