• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dommorton

Rear Quarter Windows For Track Car

dommorton

My track car has the standard pop out glass in at present, but has been leaking terribly in this mad rain we've been having.

I've tried to find some base model fixed glass and rubbers for a quick fix but to no avail :lol:

Now considering just cutting out some cardboard templates then making some kind of sealed plastic windows.

I figured the best way would be to have base model fixed window rubbers (although I can't find any!) as this will seal best and hold the plastic in place.

Otherwise I can perhaps cut them oversized and just seal them straight to the frame with silicone?

smckeown
I figured the best way would be to have base model fixed window rubbers (although I can't find any!) as this will seal best and hold the plastic in place.

Buy the rear screens in polycarbonate from people like plastics4performance (i think there's a group buy going on) and buy the rubbers new from the dealer.

If you have existing rear 1/4 screens (base model type), I have some clear poly carb here I can sell you for not a lot and you can cut it yourself to size

Sean

dommorton

That's the problem. I don't have the base model glass or rubbers to work out the size and shape reqd.

Didn't really want to spend a bomb as the whole car is on a tight budget.

smckeown

well its not all lost, i have cut a set of rear 1/4 windows myself using the frame as a reference, it's no big deal. The rubbers depth mask any issues :lol:

So defo the cheapest option is to buy the poly i have in the shed, I wont want a lot for it, certainly a lot cheaper than a cut set from a supplier. the rubbers arent very expensive really

Sign in to follow this