• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave87

106 Gti Engine Carbs

Dave87

hi people what do people now about this set up i was thinking a set of 40s but i don't now a great deal about carbs.

only that it would get rid of the injection set up so no ecu hassel

any help would be great

Dave

axnutty

Ive seen a Saxo Vts on twin webbers (sidedraught) and the inlet manifold looked awfully tight and twisty to get them in. I havent really heard of many conversions to be honest, so Im guessing in the confines of the 106 engine bay they just arent worth it.

You would be better off getting a mappable ecu and a set of cams. A lot of people seem to have got good power that way. Either that or look into GMC supercharger kits, or turbo conversions.

jerseypug

would the carb and manifold of a 205 xs fit in there?

Sandy

The 106 GTi engine doesn't have the facility to drive a distributor, so you'd be into an extrordinary amount of machining or mapped ignition to sort it. Given that mapped ignition and carbs would be close to the cost of TB's and management, it's madness really. Add to that that carbs need to be level and therefore the inlet length and airflow will be obstructed by the brake bar! TB's can be mounted at any angle (like the Jenvey SF or KMS DTH set ups which clear the brake bar and can draw cold air from the scuttle).

welshpug

these would be going into a 205 would they not Dave? much less of a space problem there.

also with t/b's you can mount them like this -

boite_a_air_106_kitcar_1.6.JPG

jerseypug
The 106 GTi engine doesn't have the facility to drive a distributor, so you'd be into an extrordinary amount of machining or mapped ignition to sort it. Given that mapped ignition and carbs would be close to the cost of TB's and management, it's madness really. Add to that that carbs need to be level and therefore the inlet length and airflow will be obstructed by the brake bar! TB's can be mounted at any angle (like the Jenvey SF or KMS DTH set ups which clear the brake bar and can draw cold air from the scuttle).

i was thinking of the complete xs engine and carb. the car is a rally car for short gravel stages and there is problems with the electronics. it would be a short term option untill the original injection engine is sorted out. would it be possible to use the xs alloy bottom end with the 106 head and injection

sorry for off topic thread

Sandy

No, because you still don't have a distributor drive Jerseypug.

That manifold shown above is horrible!

Sam

Having used 2 manifolds like that it's pretty safe to say it won't run too well at all!

Dave87

cheers for the help people

welshpug yeh was hoping to fit into my 205 but been talking to qep and if i go for anything i'm thinking of starting with an kmc ecu with catcams, with the later hope of the throttle bodies.

I was just thinking of ways to get rid of the unlocking of the ecus and the fact that i have not yet brought a loom or ecu so thought i may as well just go for an uprated managment.

Dave

Sandy

I'd say aim for a cost effective ECU like KMS or maybe MS?

Sign in to follow this