• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stew205

2088cc Mi Bottom End

Hilgie

Depends on regulations as well, but you could make a nice 1.6-16V out of it using OE parts and a little machinng of the pistons.

blackpug

All the regs state is that if 16v, must be on original injection system (plenum, tb, manifold), and no forced induction

Edited by blackpug

blackpug

I do have a 1600 engine with a good bottom end in the shed somewhere, what would be needed to make a 1600 16v? Would it be as simple as drill/tap tensioners in 8v block, swap the 16v pistons onto 1600 rods, and plonk the head on?

DrSarty
I do have a 1600 engine with a good bottom end in the shed somewhere, what would be needed to make a 1600 16v? Would it be as simple as drill/tap tensioners in 8v block, swap the 16v pistons onto 1600 rods, and plonk the head on?

Big thread(s) on XU 1.6 16valve conversions on here. Have a search. Not an easy job without moderate expense.

bensonmi

Time to dust off this topic ;)

What about a 2044 with a (well) flowed 2.0 8v head? I'm looking for a nice grunt down low and mid and don't care that much for high revving. Does that make sence or it the 8v head too limited for flowing the 2044cc ?

just done the same thing, read it from start to finish and am wondering, is it the same method using a 8v head??

Anthony

Have a look at Wardy18's hillclimb car build over in Jersey that's got a big-CC 8v engine built by MASS - certainly made some impressive results, and suggests an 8v head can be made to work well. The thread is here

Josh_Quant

talking about cranks again :), is the 1.9 mi16 crank really the same as 1.9 diesel?? same number of counterweights?? and safe to rev??

for the 2.0mi16/s16 bottom end with standard rods and pistons

welshpug

no they dont have the same number of counterweights, as for how safe to rev it is I dont remember seeing any figures.

Josh_Quant

but people still use a diesel crank in the mi16's?? when i say rev i mean like a petrol engine 7k revs

cheers for reply

peter

Sorry to bring this up but, I just want to clarify for myself and others. 1.9 xudt thrust washers/spacers are used?

I've just stripped down a hiflow 2.1 bottom end that had 1.8mm thick thrust washers these are far to thin due to the lateral play.(must be standard s16/2.0 xu)

I've tried it with alloy block mi16 washers (2.3mm) these are much better with much less play but don't fit because of there shape in the bearing cap.

So what thrust washers do people use?

welshpug

the RFS ones are 1.83 standard, +0.1 and +0.2 (+0.15 are NFP for that particular engine)

thickness of RFY aren't listed, 10J2 are shown same as RFS.

there's two listings for the XUD9TE, one the same as the above, 1.83mm, and one as follows;

0118 G2 THRUST BEARING CN EP 2,28

0118 A8 1ERE REPAR:+0,20

0118 A9 2EME REPAR:+0,30

0118 C0 3EME REPAR:+0,40

which are the same as the XUD7 and XUD9 AND X9J4, so if your 1.9 mi ones dont fit then diesel ones wont either.

Edited by welshpug

peter

Well your info is spot on mate as I now have those same numbers printed out in front of me, after spending a ages at Peugeot looking through service box.

I've just ordered the standard 2.28mm ones as the crank is standard, and the fact the oversized ones were £34 instead of £12, if they come as a set or in pairs I'll find out when they turn up.

I did ring a another retailer that said the ones for a diesel were 3mm+ but the bloke wasn't very helpful so could have been anything.

Surely the ally block mi16 ones are different to the cast iron diesel?

Has anyone actually done it???

peter

Just to clear things up...

The alloy block thrust shims DO fit as do the xud ones (they just don't have the retaing tabs that the s16 ones do)

So the above part numbers are correct.

Thanks welshpug

205freak

I have a xu10j2 bottom and would like to upgraded it to 2.1, what pistons+cranks+rods to be used that can be a straight swap from petrol or diesel engines, the best combo for a good strong torque engine, keep in mind that using also the xu10j2 head with mild cam, need skimming the head by how much????

I read a few posts ago about what kind of gasket to be used please take a look a this site http://www.jayracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12535 i think it´s a good price!!!

Thanks