• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nickaliath

Air/fuel Ratio Meter

nickaliath

Hello,

Im planning on buying an air fuel ratio meter for my car. i can purchase the gauge itself pretty cheap.

but as my car is a e-reg i havent got a lambda sensor fitted to it!

is it true? If a lambda probe has 3 wires they are for 12+ volt feed, Earth and signal from sensor?

Eddy5

That's right you should have no lambda sensor fitted.

From memory the wiring you state is right, but that largely depends on the sensor and who it was made by.

Sam

On the 4 wire sensors there are 2 white, these are both the heater element, and then black is signal and grey is earth. And the 3 wires sometimes just don't have the grey.

You can buy them here....

http://www.gendandirect.co.uk/viewproduct....product=O24WIRE

O and they DO use an 18mm spark plug thread, although i am sure i will be told i am wrong again.

nickaliath

so what would you connect the two white wire to?

would this be something on the air fuel ratio gauge?

red

The heater element normaly goes via a relay and I'd assume is on a timer of some sort via the ECU, they only take about 20-30 seconds to reach temp as I understand it.

Regards Russ....

Sam

I just wired mine to ignition so only on when the key is ?

nickaliath

If theres two white wires did you connect them both to the positive side of the ignition?

GLENF

Ive been looking at these for a while now, I assume you have to drill into the exhaust & fit the lambda sensor then connect to the gauge & wire it all up?

Is ther no other way as I would think my lifetime Magnex exhaust guarantee would be void if I drilled an 18mm hole in it.. :o

nickaliath

yeah thats very true about the lifetime guarantee! youd have to find out about that. i think you can only put it in the exhaust though theres no way around it. plus youd have to get a stainless weld on part.

fiji bob

its got to go in the exhaust somewhere, if the sensors heated then it might work further back but would take longer to register changes, maybe magnex could mod it for you?

GLENF

Another thing to add to my "things to do list"! :o

Sign in to follow this