• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
C_W

Negative Camber On The Front

C_W

I want to introduce some negative camber on the front of my 205, but I don't want to use 309 bottom arms (purely because I would have to buy a pair of those and either change the driveshafts (which are fairly new) or have a spacer made up). And one of my current bottom arms is new.

Is it possible to get different top mounts for a standard strut to get negative camber?

Pugnut

i dont think there is enough clearance between the inner arch and the spring to dial in any negative camber that way using standard kit. you would need coilovers and eccentric top mounts .

Guest puggti

I looked into this before and a set of top eccentric mounts will set you back around £500, i think the cheapest option would be to use 309 wishbones and driveshafts.

red

You can get the eccentric top mounts but they are a pain to fit looking at the kit I got from Rally Design, you'll need to use a threaded nut on the top strut as when the bearing is fitted you can't use the normal nut + you'll have to have a pair of the threaded nuts made as top strut thread is an odd size, I think the top adjustmant is mainly for pos castor, as stated earlier the spring pan may foul the inner wing, the only way is to have Rose Jointed bottom arms made with the standard arms or neg camber hubs which are expensive and hard to come by, if you can wait a while Chris I'll be having a set made but not for a few months.

WHAT YOU GET

x 2 ali top mounts drilled with holes along the outer circumference of the mount and 2 bearings with inner packers.

Parts ref for above RD3326 SPH BEAR TOP PEUG 205 ALLY-E total cost incl VAT and del £126-00, I sent mine back and got a refund.

Regards Russ....

Hilgie

It is also possible to modify the standard arm to make them adjustable.

GtiMad

A guy on the 205 challenge site was offering rose jointed bottom arms a few weeks back. These are modded standard ones.

I wanted to do the exact same Chris as it will focas the car nicely but couldn't find a reasonble way round.

You can apperently machine the upright hole in the standard hub and put in an offset sleave to create more neg camber. This is effectively what the Pugeot sport hubs are but they are a of course just cast like this in the first place. :)

Miles

Yep, Mine are done by machine the hub along with the sleeve, I think I might be able to get it done still, I'll see what I can find out

NickR

Miles that would be great, im only wanting a SMALL (0.5->1 deg) more camber.

smckeown

i'll join the queue..this was on the mod list somewhere :)

Sean

C_W
Miles that would be great, im only wanting a SMALL (0.5->1 deg) more camber.

Nick, when you say 0.5/1degree MORE; I thought the front had no negative camber, at least it looks that way - it's really noticeable compared to the back on mine.

zeolite

Does anyone have a pic or diagram of this? i can get stuff machined but a clue would be good.

I know that the "traditional" way is to machine out the arm of the TRE and add a adjuster so that you can screw it in or out. i know of another person on here who was tooling up for that.

Alan_M

How much camber do you get with the 309 wishbones?

Surely you would'nt want too much negative camber for the road!

Sign in to follow this