• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Super Josh

How Do You Make A 205 Sound Like A Rally Car?

pug_ham

Just checked & they don't list any 205 Group A bits at rallycar.com, then I also remembered a topic PSOOC forum last week about the group A exhaust

Allan from PSOOC forum;

Pug Sport no longer stocked the Group A intermediate section or back box for the 205 GTI due to demand tailing off obviously. BUT, someone at Pug Sport gave me the name of the place that made them for Peugeot. Company called Franklin Silencers located in Northampton. 01604 626266. My contact was Andy Shortland. Extremely helpful guy. They can fabricate one from scratch. They can still do intermediate section and back box. They charged me 120 quid for the back box. A good bit more expensive than what Pug Sport charged but they are fabricating them from scratch. Their reference is UK0083819 - Peugeot Talbot 205/309 Silencer Group A 7037/3. He faxed me a sketch of it with all the dimensions to make sure it was the right thing. He made it quickly and got it up to me within a week of ordering. They just make them as 'one offs' now I think, but they were the original supplier to Pug Sport. They did still have some intermediate sections in stock when I was in contact with them 18 months ago.

Graham.:)

Wurzel

There is a link that anyone can use to the Pugsport Catalogue on DemonTweeks.

Pugtorque knows it for sure.

There are also some pictures posted up recently of the Grp N system fitted to cars. You get a rough idea of what they look like. Basically they sit quite high up in the rear and poke through with a small, standard looking tail pipe.

Cheap to buy in comparision but do rust very quickly. At the end of the day, they weren't meant to be super quality as they would frequently get damaged on stages and need replacing.

Do sound nice though imo. Thing with mine is, if I fit a u clamp on the back box to mid pipe joint, the thing rattles like a bitch. I now don't bother (and haven't for months), just use loads of exhaust gum stuff. I fit the u clamp for MOT's and then it's off again.

I think the baffles have come loose. Any way, next one I get will be painted with hammerite before going on.

Just found that link

Pugsport

Edited by Big Nick

Simmy

bare in mind sound restrictions on track days,

just a thought :)

DaveW

ok then Cherry Bomb exhaust!

Sign in to follow this