• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

jeremy

Car Insurance

jeremy

Thought I wouldn't get this far now looking seriously for car insurance as fingers crossed I'm less than a fortnight till I get an MOT.

Got the price down to the £140 to £170 mark. The insures quoted are performance Direct, One Call Insurance, and KGM.

Does anyone have good or bad stories about them. Thanks?

jackherer

Try Greenlight - 01277 650866

barneys66

No experience of above, but RH Classis unbeatable for me (mainly as mine's caged).

pugdamo

I know the prices vary a lot,but is your car completely standard? And have you got a limited miles policy? I was paying £300 odd about 2 years ago for mine and that wasn't agreed value or anything and mine is modified but not heavily.

Seems like a very good price so far.

jeremy

Standard car, with 3k mileage no alarm kept on drive. KGM at 170 only had £50 excess and free on windscreen.sorry forgot to add that is with zero ncb and fully comprehensive. However I am 44 so very old lol!

Edited by jeremy

Anthony

Assuming you're insuring as a classic the lack of NCB to apply to the car won't matter.

Your quote sounds a little high if anything to me assuming you live in a low risk area and have a clean record, so worth phoning around a few more of the usual candidates if so. Obviously all bets are off if the insurers think you live in a ghetto and you've adopted a points make prizes approach on your licence :lol:

To give you an idea, I'm not quite as old as you (37) and my standard 1.9 GTI, FC cover with agreed value, "B" rated area, clean licence, parked on the drive and a 5k mileage limit is £109.

Unhelpfully I can't remember which broker that's with this year, but it was Lancaster Insurance last year for £119 for what that's worth.

jeremy

I shouldn't laugh when I was at college many years ago I trumped everyone with my 10 points to finally get the full prize of 6 months disqualification lol!

jeremy

Got a call from Performance Direct they reduced the excess to £50 and included legal protection for just under £125, getting there.

welshpug

I yearn for the day I can get under £300.

Tom Fenton

Standard 205 £145

Turbo 205 £152

206 Jimmy Hill £174

All on a classic policy so not subject to any no claims discount

pugdamo

Standard 205 £145

Turbo 205 £152

206 Jimmy Hill £174

All on a classic policy so not subject to any no claims discount

Who do you use for this? Also how many miles are you down for?

iPlod999

£87 for me, fully comp, via Adrian Flux.

barneys66

My 1.9 with all mods declared including cage (this is the thing that makes most insurers regret) and rated at 166bhp, is £147 with RH Classics. I say the bhp as this is a criteria f theirs.

Policy is fully comp including to and from work if required, no mileage limit as far as I remember, windscreen cover, salvage retention, breakdown cover including European trips (and home start if I remember rightly) and spares not fitted.

Have all of mine with them, and the service is always good - I've not had the misfortune to use them, so I guess this is where they'd prove their worth, but their online reputation on the sites I visit is superb.

Same can't be said of one of the above..

Terry1600

RH for me, then Footman James a close second, allways been under 300 no matter what ive squeezed under the bonnet, cheapest was £190 this year on a 1.6 CTI, most expensive was £250 5 years ago on an XU10 Turbo fully declared to dvla.

Tom Fenton

Who do you use for this? Also how many miles are you down for?

RH, and 3000 miles on each, which I'm unlikely to do realistically.

• Like 1

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

Gaz205

Adrian flux here too - touch above £100 with 2k miles 1600 Gti

pugdamo

I'm afraid I won't after a bad experience cost me a lot more money than it should have done.

barneys66

Given the bad press they get I'm amazed people still flock to them.

I got a quote for my Golf from them and, whilst they were 10% less than RH (but only for my Golf) there was no way I would use them, because of their dreadful reputation!

'Dan' you must read the same stuff as we do - what are you doing to redress..??

welshpug

same here, having experienced them when things go tits up I wouldn't use them ever again.

I'll just use other brokers that use the same underwriters and different accident management companies, hence i wont lose out on the prices.

Gaz205

I hadn't heard any of this bad press? Are there any examples any one can share?