• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rakandy

1986 1.6 Gti Restoration

Rakandy

Hi there. Been working on my Phase 1 205GTI 1.6 1986 for last two summers. At the beginning car was in really bad condition - body was damaged by rust all over from the back to the front, engine not running, all of the suspension parts needed to be replaced and the previous owner messed up with wiring a lot... This year plan was to do the the body works of engine bay and the floor, and make everything what's needed to pass the inspection - last time this car passed it was on 2010 :D Managed to do all what was planned! I'm not professional at this and done everything by myself for the first time, so hope you guys not to be very judging :D you can find the full gallery of works here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5_wcZqMiQiUcEVHRVFzNVRORHM

Before:
22550739_1836620209703560_281785561_o.jp IMG_20160517_142358.jpg IMG_20160525_213228.jpg
After:
IMG_20161125_134757.jpg IMG_20170818_145208.jpg IMG_20170922_173321.jpg

Edited by Rakandy

jackherer

Nicely done, it looks very good in these photos and I can see from the google drive gallery that you've done a lot of work to get it that way. And it looks like you put a LOT of effort into restoring those rare early door mirrors!

JamPug

Great work, it's nice to see another one saved ????

• Like 1

Rakandy

Nicely done, it looks very good in these photos and I can see from the google drive gallery that you've done a lot of work to get it that way. And it looks like you put a LOT of effort into restoring those rare early door mirrors!

Thanks! For anyone who is thinking about disassembling those early mirrors don't do it! :D It's nearly impossible to put them back together...

Rakandy

Great work, it's nice to see another one saved

Thanks! Yes we can say now that it is saved from the graveyard :D but there is still a lot of work left

jackherer

Thanks! For anyone who is thinking about disassembling those early mirrors don't do it! :D It's nearly impossible to put them back together...

If you can't find a replacement I guess you have no choice! They're the signature piece on a phase 1 externally, along with the rear spoiler.