• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
colti

Diesel And Gti Coolant Header Tank Differences?

colti

As the title.

My 2.0 turbo has always been fitted with what l guess is a Citroen XM part(Black,angular) and it leaks at the cap seal point.(I've tested the cap which is a fresh uprated motorsport cap.)

This guy is selling diesel tanks that look like they have the same pipe stubs.Could it be the level sensor connection is blanked?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BIRTH-FRONT-COOLANT-EXPANSION-TANK-RESERVOIR-HEADER-OE-QUALITY-8527/263088917798?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372

Anthony

That's an early (Ph1 and 1.5) GTi header tank that was also fitted to later non-turbo diesels.

Yours sounds more like the later (Ph2) GTi header tank that from memory was also used on TD models. That's black in colour, sort of rectangular in shape with the level sensor on the bottom.

You can physically interchange them, but the level sensor is wired differently.

colti

That sounds right.

So to use the white eBay tank I'm going to need a blank or a level sensor to match the tank. As it's a track car I don't need a working sensor. Tempting to fit an ally motorsports tank...

welshpug

a level sensor is just as important if not more so on a track car.

Anthony

True, although it's all relative - most of them don't work anyway these days in my experience.