• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
idoari

Original Trim Pop Rivet Locations

idoari

Hi,

i restoring my gti and i purchase the original trim kit with the pop rivets.

my door is full of holes so i can't tell where the original pop rivets were.

can anyone measure and tell me (it will be helpfull if you give me XY location in centimeters from the bottom of the door)

also , i need the location of the 3 pop rivets on the front wing as well (since i have non-original wings)

thanks

Ido

Gaz205

Just a suggestion but it may be easier to mark up through the trim holes where you need them to be based on how they line up with your rear quarter trim? That should identify which holes in your door are the right ones too?

It'll be a pig of a job for someone to measure them all, might be easier to get a template from someone/somewhere

idoari

1. it be better to have that information for future refrence anyway - i've googled it for a few days now couldn't find the answer.

2. i wish it was that easy, the door trim has no holes that i can see.there is a slot and a few "v" shapes in it.

3. i have the pop rivet location of the quarter panel - i will measure the distances and write them here for future reference.

4. if someone has the trim off it will take just a few minutes to measure.

Gaz205

Under the red trim there there will be so many spaces where your clip secures to the door rivets and then the red trim clips to that. If you're not using anti rattle clips you won't need as many rivets so that will make it easier too.

idoari

I've made a template of the trim holes.

the red ones is the pop rivet.

the blue one is a holes for the plastic rivets - i can get those easily by lining up the trim to the panels.

the rear quarter i can get also.

i need the front wing and the doors.

enlarge the photo to see the holes more clearly.

post-25617-0-99000700-1504262104_thumb.jpg

thanks

Ido

Edited by idoari

welshpug

you can find them by looking at the plastic trim.

GLPoomobile

IMO it does make more sense to just line up your trim piece, get it straight, and then mark where to put the rivets from that. Remember that Peugeot production tolerances weren't exactly laser perfect in those days, so if anything you could actually improve the fitting by doing it this way. Vertical line up is the more critical as you want to be no more than 1 or 2mm off either up or down, but you've a bit more leeway on the horizontal position. Just get it positioned and tape the trim in place, then mark up where you want to put the rivets based on the small rectangular cutouts in the trim.