• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omega

What Parts For A V6 Conversion?

omega

might be getting my hands on a mot fail 406 v6 its a 1998 so I think its the early engine and its got a manual box.can I use this box or is it to big?

as well as engine,shafts,fuel pump,ecu is there anything else I should take off.

cheers

allye

starting with a GTI? if so your fuel pump will be fine as long as its healthy. Gearbox wise you have to use the ML5T fitted, its a big, heavy and strong box and reduces steering lock on a similar level to a GTI6 box in a 205. you need custom shortened drive shafts, Goliath on here can do those for you. In a 205 the 406 rad is too large some look into the VW VR6 route. Subframe needs chopping and then reunforcing else where. exhaust is obviously custom, you cannot realistically run a lowered 205 with the V6 downpipe.

Well worh it!

dcc

Ecu, loom, downpipe, shafts, brakes (if 4pots), gearbox, clutch, engine. Rest is scrap, which is about £10/t

Goliath

I can't offer driveshafts anymore I'm afraid as I've sold my Lathe. As said above, you will need to use a mk3 golf VR6 Radiator (with slimline fans), it fit's well and is fine for cooling. You need to use the gearshift box and cables from the 406, again fits easily. You will want to convert your clutch to hydraulic using a 206 clutch master cylinder and a clutch slave cylinder from a 406 V6 (D9 - the later one as it has a bleed nipple)

You will need a custom top mount, gearbox mount will fit as is and the lower engine mount will need modifying but that is done at the same time as modifying the subframe.

Ade_4wd (Adrian Emery) on here can unlock the ECU for you, it will need unlocking and it's not a simple unlock like the GTI6, but Adrian is very reasonable and quick.

omega

what model 206 for the master cylinder or dosnt it matter?

allye

i used a 206 gti one. Basically after a master cylinder with bolt holes, not the screw in type.

omega

thanks alley and Goliath.