• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

blandy

Omex 600 Wiring Gti6

blandy

Hi in desperate need of help.

I've brought a omex 600 loom off a old spoox car which looks great. I've traced a lot of the wiring and worked 90% out ok. I had to move the starter wire from the 9 pin to the 6 pin plug as that was different.

The part I really can't get my head around is the fuel pump wiring. The loom doesn't appear to be wired as per the manual which is where I'm lost

I have the relay with 2 wires left to connect pin 87 which is connected at the min to a length of yellow wire presumably from the car with wire number 76a

And pin 30 of the relay just has a trial of wire.

Now I'm assuming the main feed for the ecu is comming in through these wires as nothing else goes to anything 12v

blandy
3E61CCDE-80B2-4DAF-BA9F-6E00A1CDD85D_zps

blandy

Just remembered as well this loom came from a mi16 engined 205 if that makes any difference

welshpug

fp relay should be permanent live one side, fuel pump feed the other, two switching wires depends whether the ecu pulls to earth or sends a 12v, so will either have earth or 12v opposite the ecu pin.

j_turnell

Pin 87 should be the fuel pump wire from the car, found on the brown plug near the matrix (white wire 76) Pin 30 is 12v from the battery, I ran mine off the shunt box. There should also be a 1 amp fuse in the live circuit to protect the ecu.

blandy

Very strange on the relay they have the wire from the brown plug (to the pump) wired to pin 86 on the relay.

Maybe buying a prebuilt loom wasn't the easiest option lol

j_turnell

Pin 86 should be the Omex signal wire blue/white. Have a search for the omex installation guide pdf it tells you all you need to know.

blandy

I've got the manual but can't make sense of my loom as how it would of worked as its different to the manual.

I.e doing some more investigation it would appear my power relay has the injectors wired to 87a middle pin and the coils to 87 so by my working it wouldn't work as it is as it would only energise either the coils or injectors

blandy

I think just going to start from scratch abc follow the manual just can't understand how it would of worked with the coils and the injectors wired like that

Sandy

OMEX's own diagrams used to show the ECU powered from the ignition feed and the pump relay had two outputs, one to the pump, one to power the injectors and coils. They've revised that recently to separate pump and injector/coil power relays, but both switched to earth through the ECU.

It's anybody's guess as to how your loom was originally, it's not unusual for lazy or ignorant installers to group all the power feeds together, so the relay is effectively by-passed. I'd advise you download the OMEX 600 manual http://omextechnology.co.uk/600%20ECU%20Installation%20Manual%202v01.pdf as the advised wiring layout is pretty clearly laid out and make sure you're conforming.

Edit: Just noticed the printed copy in your picture, but even so, might be worth referring to the latest edition.

Edited by Sandy
  • Like 1

blandy

Looking at the link I have the latest manual

6af33c01bd446d87f0a5556de8894126_zpsueaf

Looking at the diagram it shows a 4 pin relay on the power side the way mine was wired was the injectors came from pin 87a and the coil from pin 87 am I right in thinking that would mean either the injectors OR the coil would work as once the relay is energised then the power will go to 87 rather than 87a

I think I'm just going to start again with the relays anyhow better to be safe than sorry but as it came from a running car I'm just trying to work out if I've got the right idea or not lol

And yes a lot of my 12v are joined together also no fuse etc so I'll look at that also

Miles

General/common relays use 87 and 87a as dual output's, you can get other's which have different pin configurations but most relays inc all the ones on the car use what I call the std type.

Using looms that have been installed on other car's is normally a bloody nightmare and easier to start again by the time you have figured out what they have done, also looks like old wires been used as well

blandy

So would you wire both the coil and the injectors to 87 as suggested in the manual?

Yeah wouldn't go down this route again as I've spent the morning checking it all as it doesn't add up so probably building from scratch would of been easier.... Or getting you to do it would of been easier still lol

Edited by blandy

Miles

As said depends on relay, Most 87 and 87a allow 2 outputs on the same circuit current depending, the main thing allot of people get wrong is the switched Neg side of the relays

blandy

Oh ok. Just double checked on the bench and with 12v at pin 30 I have 12v at 87a with the relay un-energised. If I energise pin 86 the 12v flows from 30 to 87 and have no output from 87a

So by my understanding the way it would work here is that if have power to the injectors on ignition but when cranking/running I'd have power to the coils.

So either I need a relay where 87a and 87 are powered at the same time or have both injectors and coils comming from 87

blandy

Actually just found a dual output relay so will use that instead so it'll power both together

Thanks for all the help

blandy

Back on this again today.

Just had a thought what do I do with the Rev counter. As the wiring is removed with my old engine loom.

The omex loom I have is fitted with a spoox tacho adaptor already wired into the coils. Does the wire just go to my rev counter (well through the original brown plugs) so therefore making the original sender in the gearbox redundant?

welshpug

lol, no.

crank sensor is so the ecu knows the engine is turning, and how fast.

adapter simply converts the wasted spark trigger back to the same signal as the old 8v single coil, as the original tacho doesn't work with the signal from the ecu.

• Like 1

blandy

Lol Sorry I mean the speedo drive unit/vss sensor? not the crank sensor that's wired to the ecu already.

I'm using a digital dash so no need for the cable etc as the speedo will run off a new speed sensor.

Miles

12v and Earth to Rev Counter, normally the blue/white wire (I think) from the Omex goes to the Rev counter, Why a adaptor is fitted, no idea as the counter is dead simple to mod and a more reliable way to do it

If going that far I'd look at a after market counter, more accurate for a start

Edited by Miles

blandy

Finally got time on this today and is up and running.

Can someone please explain how wasted spark etc works as I can disconnect injectors or by leads from 1 and 2 and it still runs and sounds ok? It's a little poppy but only on a base map so tbh sounds ok definately not running on 2.

But if I pull injector 3 or 4 it tries to die but if I pull 1 or 2 it makes almost no difference which I'm struggling to understand as when standard gti6 management I could unplug each injector and it would make a noticeable difference which is how I found I had a coil connection loose on a previous outing

Every day's a school day

blandy

One thing I have noticed is I brought the loom from a mi16 engined 205 so pretty much plug and play. The injector plugs were all numbered and different lengths etc but the way they fit is 1 at the crank end and 4 at the fly which I would believe to be wrong as normally cylinder 1 would be closest to the flywheel.

Just wondering if they had the loom running to the left of the engine which would make them the other way around could this cause what I'm seeing? It runs but not 100% but could be the map. Just trying to gauge if I've a genuine issue of not as by pulling the plugs from the injectors it would suggest it's running on 2 but sounds far to good to be only on 2

welshpug

check you have the leads on the correct pairs, 1 & 4, 2 & 3

also worth checking the plugs, they get fouled up really easily if the map isn't quite right and it doesn't warm up.

with a 600 its batch fired injectors iirc, so it matters not which plug goes where, you are correct that 1 is flywheel end on a Peugeot engine.

Edited by welshpug

blandy

Must have on the right pairs at least as it was a tailor made loom so each lead is a different length so can only really fit one way unless they ran the loom the other side on tge orevious car but that would effectively swap 1 and 4 and 2 and 3 so would keep it in there pairs.

The plugs I'll check as they were the ones that came in the engine but worth a check.

I've got a running vid I'll try upload but sound quality isn't the best.

welshpug

I think I put some new ngk plugs in there of its my old one.