• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Mr_bugatti

205 Gti From Mexico

Mr_bugatti

€‹3E46EC29-2F78-4AC1-A18D-DCFF1D1E6A8E.jpg

THIS IS ONE ORIGINAL AND ONE EIBACH ... NOT MUCH OF A DIFERENCE.

Edited by Mr_bugatti

Mr_bugatti

844E9167-7243-4E5F-BD58-96C022DD724F.png

85A28B74-D932-4335-BC23-B7A3B65CB084.jpg

SHORTER BUMP STOPS

733670DE-71B3-41B2-B632-0840A023CEBD.jpg

BEFORE

4B214105-332C-4DE8-9E11-73DDEFF98EF3.jpg

AFTER

78BE0AE6-A621-4894-826B-2FDA5FCB5C28.jpg

Mr_bugatti

All the installation came out great ... pretty simple swap ...

Mr_bugatti

I also had some trouble with my dog a few months ago... he ate a part of a door pannel ... after a few weeks and searching ebay I found a seller in the UK that was kind enough to ship me a set of door panels to mexico ... shipping was very expensive but was worth it ... purchased 2 door panels that are in mint condition ... I have only installed the one that was damaged ..

B21AD501-DAA4-402A-9523-87562138BB44.jpg

BEEE85A6-89A3-435C-B31E-7651316066BE.jpg

wicked

€‹3E46EC29-2F78-4AC1-A18D-DCFF1D1E6A8E.jpg

THIS IS ONE ORIGINAL AND ONE EIBACH ... NOT MUCH OF A DIFERENCE.

Don't want to spoil your day, but these are the wrong springs. These are the non-GTI springs from Eibach and are a bit longer.

You should have the EW7001001 VA / E7001-120 which are also used on 106 GTi. These are also progressive springs, where as yours are linear springs.

Very nice car!!

Edited by wicked

Anthony

The 7001's tend to sit too low with the extra weight of an iron block XU engine though, at least in my opinion.

It certainly sits much nicer on the new springs, even if I agree they probably wouldn't be the first choice option - I guess you have to take what you can find when you're somewhere like Mexico.

Mr_bugatti

Don't want to spoil your day, but these are the wrong springs. These are the non-GTI springs from Eibach and are a bit longer.

You should have the EW7001001 VA / E7001-120 which are also used on 106 GTi. These are also progressive springs, where as yours are linear springs.

Very nice car!!

Hi ... I actually did no research on theses springs .. These just came up on a website and i only checked if they would fit on the 205 withouth having to modify the other strut parts.. I read that here in this site that eibach hace a njce ride and other users recomend fot 205 cars .. I was actually looking for a 40 or 50 mm drop with some bilstein struts but these came up first and gave the correct drop to make it sit even front and rear... I may consider changing this setup but first I want to work on other things ...

Mr_bugatti

The 7001's tend to sit too low with the extra weight of an iron block XU engine though, at least in my opinion.It certainly sits much nicer on the new springs, even if I agree they probably wouldn't be the first choice option - I guess you have to take what you can find when you're somewhere like Mexico.

Hi ... Yes .. I have limited options here in mexico .. I could have ordered new and the correct ones but these popped out and were very very cheap..

wicked

In the end it's your car and if you're happy with it, then it's ok. :)

But the positive remarks you read about the Eibach's were probably referring to the 7001's and not your 7004's. The 7001's are progressive, where as the 7004's are linear like most lowering springs. And that's what makes them stand out from the rest imho.

I've used the 7001's for years and the car will sit lower than your car does.

Edit:

7001's with Spax dampers and alloy Mi16 engine:

360.jpg

Edited by wicked

Mr_bugatti

In the end it's your car and if you're happy with it, then it's ok. :)

But the positive remarks you read about the Eibach's were probably referring to the 7001's and not your 7004's. The 7001's are progressive, where as the 7004's are linear like most lowering springs. And that's what makes them stand out from the rest imho.

If used the 7001's for years and the car will sit lower than your car does.

Edit:

7001's with Spax dampers and alloy Mi16 engine:

360.jpg

I am not sure what you mean ... Will the ones i Bought go lower after a few months or Years ?

Mr_bugatti

How much drop you have on that gti ? 40 mm drop ?

Also ... are the ones I have softer o stiffer ride than the ones you recommend?

Edited by Mr_bugatti

wicked

Sorry, I meant to say: I've used the 7001's for years and the car will sit lower than your car does.

The picture you see is my car 15 years ago with the Eibach springs I was refering to (7001's). I think the drop was 35-40mm.

I don't think yours will drop a lot over time, as they weren't new springs.

Softer or stiffer is hard to compare. Progressive means that they will become stiffer as you compress them.

Linear means that force will increase linear with the compression of the spring.

With progressive springs the force will increase more than linear if you compress them a lot. In practice it will mean that they will feel soft on small bumps/pebbles etc, but be stiffer on big bumps and cornering.

Mr_bugatti

Sorry, I meant to say: I've used the 7001's for years and the car will sit lower than your car does.

The picture you see is my car 15 years ago with the Eibach springs I was refering to (7001's). I think the drop was 35-40mm.

I don't think yours will drop a lot over time, as they weren't new springs.

Softer or stiffer is hard to compare. Progressive means that they will become stiffer as you compress them.

Linear means that force will increase linear with the compression of the spring.

With progressive springs the force will increase more than linear if you compress them a lot. In practice it will mean that they will feel soft on small bumps/pebbles etc, but be stiffer on big bumps and cornering.

Thanks ... I understand now . I will consider this for the next set of springs and struts I plan to buy ... I am happy with the result of the springs I bought .... it gave me the correct amount of drop to make it look even front and rear I was going to cut the original spring but lucky for me these came out for sale ... I still have not gone out for a drive but will let you know how it rides ...

welshpug

I7001's and not your 7004's

where do you get 7004 from?! I see 2204001?!

Mr_bugatti

before eibach

87A5D716-9050-49EF-BCC6-14228085C6BD.jpg

after ...

7CD5BC63-B009-46ED-BB71-E5A34FBA8D02.jpg

Mr_bugatti

that is what the car looks like after the installation ... the ride is not bad .. i noticed no difference ...

I just got the car registered and got my mexican number plates a few days ago so now I have been driving a lot it all around the city ... i noticed only 2 things ... a smell of gas fumes and the dash ... it seems to be a bit loose .. if I drive through a bumpy road it makes some noises ... anyone know how to make these rattle noises go away ..? is there any certain bolts i should check ?

Mr_bugatti

I have been driving this car every day ... its a blast !

7E19F2B7-1E7C-4F7C-9E83-979B0432E700.jpg

• Like 3

futura

Hello!

El día que lo quieras vender, yo estoy en Querétaro.

Saludos!