• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Mr_bugatti

205 Gti From Mexico

Anthony

Does the 306/405 etc XU10 inlet actually fit in a 205 without fouling the bonnet, as it sits quite high up where it doubles back on itself?

The 806 type should fit better as that's similar to the turbo inlet from memory, although you'd still need further work to adapt it to fit 205 management and pipework.

Tom Fenton

Hi , the intake fitts with no mods ... Not sure what kind of mods you mean ... I am hopping i cam keep this head valve cover because the original 1.9 does not fit... I will have to di research on that . Still have a lot of things to do to get it running ...

Inlet will bolt on yes. But look at the ports. Square on manifold oval on the head.

Mr_bugatti

Inlet will bolt on yes. But look at the ports. Square on manifold oval on the head.

Thanks , I had thought about that ... I was planning on just leaving it the way it is for now ... will this effect in any way ?

Mr_bugatti

Does the 306/405 etc XU10 inlet actually fit in a 205 without fouling the bonnet, as it sits quite high up where it doubles back on itself?

The 806 type should fit better as that's similar to the turbo inlet from memory, although you'd still need further work to adapt it to fit 205 management and pipework.

How do I know what type engine I bought ? I only know it is from a 405 ...

Anthony

Judging from the airbox frame where the cam cover would usually be I'd agree that its likely from a 405 - I would assume that its a XU10J2 engine that's 122hp as standard.

Is there a three character engine code on the block somewhere, as that should confirm?

roland rat

Also '405' written in white pen/paint in the block might be an indication haha

Mr_bugatti
D9B52C7B-F76B-4B36-8DB8-426DD68867E7.jpg

Mr_bugatti

Fast update... Got the flywheel and clutch installed on the block ... Then got the block in the car.. I had to do a bit of mod to get the starter to fit this block ... Now working on the distributor , i had a vw distributor Just laying around.l so I decided to make an adapter to fit on this engine... It may just work ...

Mr_bugatti

8A056959-6C5A-4EE6-9CB4-D1DEF2FD7B24.jpg

8408A633-6E53-44B7-AA72-83DCED2FF443.jpg

8D4F01A7-2AEF-4778-8486-531481EA3B3D.jpg

CD53CDD1-0781-4482-81D1-6BC837BF68B9.jpg

D21D2E3C-CBF3-47DB-9825-B6EE5F498B81.jpg

0FB27854-18E3-4E78-A501-7EBE74947CF4.jpg

2381CD15-6EA8-42F5-B6FF-504976C94779.jpg

859A8EE6-80AD-4EC4-8256-DD07DBC31D57.jpg

6DB0ECCE-1F5C-466F-80BB-4332E4105078.jpg

Mr_bugatti

Hi there ... finally got the car running .. very happy with it , still have a little bit of work to do ... the distributor adapter worked worked great ...

• Like 1

barneys66

Nice work! Congratulations on getting it running and driving :)

jackherer

That's a good video, it's great to see a 205 somewhere it shouldn't really be! The cars in the background are such a contrast, particularly the Beetle :lol:

As said above congratulations on getting it running. Any chance of a video of it driving? Preferably on a windy road with some interesting scenery :P

McDude

This is brilliant! You must be pleased to have turned a car which might have been scrapped here in the UK into a really lovely, working 205.

You are a long way from Argentina, but they have a shedload of old Peugeots over there. Might be an option for sourcing parts, plus they speak the same language!

• Like 1

Mr_bugatti

Hi .. yes I like the idea of having a car that is rare and the only one this city or maybe this country ... this has been a great project , I have learned a lot .. I am glad I was able to get this car running on my own , I will get more pics and videos soon ... I still have a few more thins to work on .. the car has a strong smell of fuel inside , after a few minutes of driving around tit begins to smell ... I have checked the seal from the fuel pump and changed all the hoses and still have that this problem ... If some knows of any other please to check please let me know ... thanks ..

Mr_bugatti

Hi ... I have a problem with the fog lights ... I read somewhere that they only light up with HI BEAM but the stalk in my car does not work when I switch hi beams ... normaly in mexico all cars with fog lights work with low Beams ... is there an easy way to rewire to work with low beams ?

Anthony

They're not fog lights but rather driving lights - different light pattern.

They should come on with the high beams.

Mr_bugatti

ok , my hi are not working ... is there an easy way to rewire and make them work with low beam?

barneys66

Only if you want to blind oncoming drivers! :wacko:

welshpug

replace the light switch and they will probably work.

changing to fog lamps is easy enough, move the driving lamp relay trigger wire from high beam to dipped beam, you need a switch with a telltale also, you could use a standard psa fog lamp switch.

Mr_bugatti

Hi there ... Anyone here know if 206 eibach springs fit into a 205 ? part number EW2204001VA

Edited by Mr_bugatti

welshpug

yes, not a problem, that looks like a 106 part number though, but they still fit fine, front axle weights are quite similar.

Mr_bugatti

yes, not a problem, that looks like a 106 part number though, but they still fit fine, front axle weights are quite similar.

Thanks ... i will proceed and buy them ... I will post pics before and after .

Anthony

Those springs should be fine given that you're running the heavier iron block XU10 engine. With the lighter original alloy block engine they would likely have not lowered it by much.

Mr_bugatti

Got the eibach springs today ... These are a set of used springs .. Peuguot parts are really hard to find here in mexico... Specially aftermarket parts...

Edited by Mr_bugatti