• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

allye

205 Sport Van - Supercharged Gti6

allye

I was! Sacked it off though and came home for Christmas for the first time in 5 years. Lifegaurdinf career is over now, onto new ventures!

I can say the van does run nicely, leaking oil cooler plate stopped me running up to temp but will be driveable before long.

camgti

Great dude! Yea getting older hey! Im about to start setting up a garage/fab/race prep/resto thing to start thw retirement plans!!

Cant wait to see this thing running. When ur ready to sell give me a shout. Ill need a parts delivery van before too long ;)!

allye

Well today I drove a 205 for the first time in years, all the way up the track and back again!

Clutch is nice and light, brakes are sharp and high, hand brake has been adjusted, gearbox isn't whining which is a win for me personally, only trundled along in 1st and 2nd but they felt good and noticeable slightly longer than my other 205's which is what I wanted. No leaks, no knocks or bangs, gear levers adjusted and feels great.

One happy chap! Just needs a complete interior/dash, all exterior lights, proper wheels and bumpers/valances!

• Like 1

j_turnell

Happy days. Just starting to get used to mine, although the brakes still need some attention. It's great fun to drive due to the massive spread of torque. You don't need to rev it to go some. Still makes a nice noise, I'm not missing the sound of bodies one bit.

• Like 1

allye

Good to hear, I've only got a 2" mile steel system at the moment and I'm really pleasantly surprised how quite it is. Standard 6's are a pain in arse to keep quite as you know!

j_turnell

Yeah I've got a 4-2-1 and a magnex system 2.25 thereafter. Nice and quiet at cruising speeds, you do get a nice noise from the charger, mines making 10psi for some reason!

allye

Perhaps the proper management is giving it some legs!

allye

Hold on tight for this exciting update.

Recommissioned the wiper system, fairly seized so stripped and greased.

D07608F9-278B-4B85-8D83-11AABF9AC870_zps

Replaced every bulb and plugged all the lights back in and they all work, which for anyone who has put a project together back after couple years is a huge win.

C3A8A9C7-1D46-47B1-8588-F75A964F2B4C_zps

Cleaned rear light clusters.

27C55F4F-78F2-47BE-8779-CEB8A63591E3_zps

Told you it was exciting, just all MOT type things. Think I'll MOT it with a sparse interior and run for a while to sort any issues then set about the inside which is a project in itself.

johniban

I know what you mean about the lights, after fitting all mine back together i ended up with issues ive still not looked into, the rear washer pump comes on with you indicate, strange

camgti

Nice one mate. Good to see you chipping away. Almost there!

• Like 1

allye

Indeed I am! As is always the way I'm really busy for a while now, shame as I think it's probably only couple days away from being able to stick it in for a test.

Drive it sensibly for the running in period, drop the oil, have some fun!

camgti

Can u induldge in buying a go pro for us to all salavate over? Especially facing rearwards when you smoke more exotic machinery!

allye

I have a GoPro and DLSR window mount with external mic!

camgti

Fantastic!

allye

Is there any point finishing this thread off as all the photos are useless!?

welshpug

what makes you say that?  I can see them all fine.

allye

oh nice. I actually didn't double check they work now after the photobucket mess up. Whats the suggestion these days, flickr?

Anthony
35 minutes ago, welshpug said:

what makes you say that?  I can see them all fine.

Ditto, just flicked through and they seem to work for me just fine?

Daxed

All working for me. 

welshpug

photobucket kicked their md or something out after the s*itstorm and changed a lot of stuff, uts not quite back to how it was but all the threads I've seen have been fine.

FlickR is still good, they have been sold by Yahoo but nothing will change.