• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

Phil Gti

Lol, as I drove it out of my garage my 30 yr old knob crumbled in my hands !

soundguy
On 8/13/2023 at 2:32 AM, Dimi said:

...On long sweeping corners when I keep a good speed (entry onto a highway type), after the half of the turn the gas pedal becomes unresponsive and two seconds later the dashboard lights up, indicating stalled engine

Take a look inside the fuel tank - take the fuel pump or sender out and see if you can see the fuel pickup filter on the bottom of the pump - they can become dislodged and stop the correct amount of fuel from being delivered. Maybe its moving around under the pump under certain driving conditions.

chris 417 mi

Got them all out for a photo shoot before winter slumber 

IMG_4976.jpeg

• Like 1

brian j

:DPut down a deposit to buy it back after 8 years away…

I now have a driveway, a decent sized garage, and I don’t live somewhere with an average speed of 6mph for traffic anymore!

hi to all the oldies. Pics hopefully to follow next week.  
it will need a recommission after 8 years of slumber.

• Like 2

Robbiedundy

Went on the last local car run of the year with some other peugeot perverts

Good day out :D

20230917_121430.jpg

• Like 1

Gohn

fixed a wire rub

had this coolant level light coming on and off for a few weeks intermittently

and also had a slow battery leak, with batt light on dash intermittent

bled the system a few times, tried a few things:

today after bleeding again, then found both wires of the level sender were rubbed badly

have repaired the wires and secured them and put pinchweld on any metal edges to prevent a repeat

could this be an explanation for both coolant level light and batt light and electric leak ??

1.jpg

2.jpg

AlexRS2782

Decided to top the fuel up before Christmas and give it a mini-run only to find it wouldn't start - cranks and cranks but doesn't fire into life - then realised i could no longer hear the fuel pump priming so looks like after 32 years it's finally given up.  Have to wait until the new year to try and sort a suitable replacement - never mind, i've had a pretty decent run of reliability the last few years so can't complain really.

Ashman

Trial fit up of the Minilite wheels today in readiness for the coming sprint/hill climb season

IMG_20240113_134719896.jpg

AlexRS2782

Ordered a new genuine Bosch fuel pump from the heritage museum (turned up today) - seems to be the only place you can get them now as they're not listed in stock / order anywhere else.  So hopefully should be able to get that fitted soon & see if that's sorted the non running issue.

Phil Gti

There is a motorfactors / engineering company local to me that can get them too. I had replace mine last summer.

They are called Aghabridge in Rochester, Kent. 01634 294944.

welshpug
On 2/1/2024 at 7:03 PM, AlexRS2782 said:

Ordered a new genuine Bosch fuel pump from the heritage museum (turned up today) - seems to be the only place you can get them now as they're not listed in stock / order anywhere else.  So hopefully should be able to get that fitted soon & see if that's sorted the non running issue.

for a phase2 I presume?   as I have sourced a bosch unit for a pre 90 car in the last few months from Autodoc.

welshpug

not mine (as usual !)     but recently helped get two 205's relocated into the owners freshly built 2 car garage after the pair sitting for 14 years in another lockup in Slough, which had recently lost its rood!

one is a 1.9 rally car, the other a late 1.6 road car, rally car initially seems to be the easiest one to recommission as it actually started and ran without issues, the fuel tank being bone dry when stored.

the 1.6 road car was another matter, the drums having seized enough to not roll when pushed, and the magic smoke leaking from the Plip module which seems all too common on these, battery was quickly disconnected and that chopped out before it set the rest of the interior alight.

a good shopping list made and an order made with Autodoc, a Curry and some beers to finish off the day.

Richie-Van-GTi

Not today, yesterday.

Bought my black one a friend in the shape of a full on project dimma replica thats been sat 20+years in a garage.

IMG20240207193025.jpg

AlexRS2782
On 2/8/2024 at 1:16 PM, welshpug said:

for a phase2 I presume?   as I have sourced a bosch unit for a pre 90 car in the last few months from Autodoc.

Yeah.  Autodoc were showing out of stock since the end of last year, similar to the other UK based parts suppliers that list on ebay, etc - those ones all pulled their listings for the Bosch version late last year i found.  The AutoDoc price is also a fair bit above what Museum are charging (including taxes) by about £100. - https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/1156309

I'd also been put off ordering from Autodoc as since Autumn last year onwards i've seen an increase in posts from people on various forums reporting ordering the more expensive branded stuff (Bosch, etc) from Autodoc and instead of being sent what they ordered, they ended up with the budget alternative (but still got charged for the branded item) - then ending up with issues trying to get the items sent back, refunded, etc, before finding the more expensive item then got moved to "out of stock" a couple of weeks later giving the impression they knew certain items aren't available from stock and see if people notice.

The only other UK place i found with limited stock of the white Bosch pump was Spoox - but from what i could tell from their pictures (and what i received), they appear to be importing from Museum and then adding about £150 odd to the asking price.

Edited by AlexRS2782

ScoobyJawa

I managed to source a Bosch pump from eBay for a bit under 150 back in June for my 1.9, worked a treat. Thought at the time it was a bit pricey as you can get others cheaper you have to fudge but wanted one that goes straight in.

brian j

This:

IMG_9427.thumb.jpeg.a1c7e15ad1450bc31d78e5519baa5e00.jpeg

Phil Gti

Nice, I am hoping for a clean pass in a few moths time. 1st M.O.T in 16 yrs after a lot of time and money spent.

• Like 1

boldy205

Washed it and drove it! Not been driven since it's last track day (last August/September maybe)

Also saw another 205 and sapphire Cossie. 

A good day!