• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jolly Green Monster

[Trackday_Prep] My Track Toy

Jolly Green Monster

Oh and I think I might need to get some tyres

image_zpsa3518bcc.jpg

• Like 1

Gman

How you enjoying going round bends in a little 205 Simon? Better than blatting back and forth up a straight in your drag car?

Jolly Green Monster

How you enjoying going round bends in a little 205 Simon? Better than blatting back and forth up a straight in your drag car?

Very much enjoying it. The intention is to sort the drag car for track and the 205 was bought with the intention of learning the circuits in and getting myself back into track. It's excellent fun and will keep it as a back up if the other car is broken or back in drag spec. Also want to move it home so I can use it for short road trips.

The drag car is very different to drive with last season around 960hp and a sequential box and steering to keep it in a straight line and this season with bigger turbos and injectors should be over 1000hp upto 1400hp but can't see the engine taking much over 1100.

Simon

2052NV

what is the drag car?? a rail or something? and what engine set up?

Jolly Green Monster

what is the drag car?? a rail or something? and what engine set up?

3.3litre flat6 subaru engine

9B21D101-6B92-4AE5-9A6A-67043FF89114_zps

jgmfronttotb2_zpsd7f92661.jpg

jgmsidetotb_zps296866e9.jpg

jgmfronttotb_zps0a2d0f1a.jpg

jgmsidetotb2_zps473454a5.jpg

HERMAN

That sounds fantastic

Jolly Green Monster

Lightest of light bonnet and boot fitted today

imagejpg1_zps976bc748.jpg

Jolly Green Monster

imagejpg2_zpscb149be2.jpg

Not sure when I will get time to fit the fibreglass doors

Simon

allye

Christ that scooby gets a wiggle on!

Jolly Green Monster

Gearing now longer and new front disks and pads added. Needs a check over and the time attack stickers added ready for 9th aug time attack at Cadwell.

• Like 1

qwerty

Looking forward to seeing it at the time attack tomorrow.

So will it be running at over 1000bhp tomorrow?

Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow mate.

Jolly Green Monster

Driving the 205 in time attack with all 170hp lol

alexcrosse

How'd this go?

Jolly Green Monster

How'd this go?

Not well.

Arrived at midnight the night before due to traffic. Got up at 7:30 and only had to fit a harness and the stickers and changed the wheels and get the car scruitineered. This took a lot longer than expected and I missed the warm up.

Car ready for practice and first lap and the car is on 3cylinders, changed the plugs and checked everything and spoke to spoon who leant me a set of 306 coils off one of their road cars.. Working again.

Headed out for qualifying and the gear linkage popped off leaving me with just 5th gear. Needed to refresh my memory of the circuit so just drove the session in 5th. Thought it was fixed and headed out for final and did an out lap and a fast lap (bit shoddy with mistakes in but a base to work from) on the cool down lap after fast lap the gear linkage came off again. Tried fixing it and it kept coming off and I didn't get another fast lap. Oh well that's Motorsport

imagejpg3_zps63aed2c2.jpg

imagejpg2_zps041a43c7.jpg

Nice to meet you Stu

• Like 1

Jolly Green Monster

Cars for sale if anyone if interested. Will put proper advert up when I get the chance.

blandy

Oh no this was looking good..

Selling complete or breaking? Would definitely be interested in some parts if you were to go down that route

Jolly Green Monster

I would prefer not to have the hassle of taking it apart but I suspect to get my money back I might have to as I would be happy to see 3k back for it as it. Dread to think what I have actually spent on it.

Still mulling it over.

Simon

blandy

Yeah if imagine that'll be the case I did the same with my old 306 someone asked how much for the complete car and I offered it at £4k and was laughed at so I broke it for nearly £5800 in parts

alexcrosse

I was gutted to break mine, but it's the only way to get your money back on any highly modified car.

Gman

How come you've decided to sell? You seemed to be loving the 205

Jolly Green Monster

How come you've decided to sell? You seemed to be loving the 205

The issues at Cadwell have tainted it a bit. I have now prepped the drag car for track use and hoping to do the last round of time attack in it and possible more next year and have a couple of trackday booked with it to see how it handles and set it up.

I could do with another car still to not strain it to much and allow me to do a track day to learn a track before an event but doesn't have to be a 4k worth of car. Dunno just thinking.

Tom Fenton

Seems a shame to break the car just for the sake of a £50 set of uprated gear link rods, if most of the rest of it was working well. Coilpack as I am sure you know is just one of those unpredictable things.