• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris adams

Mi16x4 Oil Grades

chris adams

what sort of oil grades does the be3 geabox like should i use the standard recomendations or does anyone have any other types they like to use ?

gearbox oil 1.8 ltr 75w80

transfer box 1.8 ltr 80w90

diff box 1.8 ltr 80w90

cammmy

From recollection the transfer case and g/box use the same type of oil? Only the rear diff is different as it needs oil for an LSD?

chris adams

thanks for the reply cam, so it would be ok for me to put redline shock proof in both the gearbox and transferbox and then find something suitadble for the rear lsd ?

imaS

No need for silicone oils. Rear diff is torsen type, transferbox has viscous lock for center diff. But you can not change viscous coupling fluid unless you take the coupling out from transferbox.

Oils:

- gearbox GL4+, 75W-80 or 75W-90, 2 liters

- transferbox: GL5, 80W-90 or 75W-90, 1,8 liters

- rear differential: GL5, 80W-90 or 75W-90, 1,6 liters

Peugeot factory manuals say that diff & transferbox oils need to be for limited slip applications. I just can't see any technical reason for that requirement.

chris adams

cheers imas thats a great help much appreciated. so seeing as tho i have the diffs n stuff off the car you would recomend a full fluid transfusion of viscous fluid.

KRISKARRERA
- gearbox GL4+, 75W-80 or 75W-90
Is 75W-90 really an OK alternative? It does seem to be more readily available than the recommend 75W-80.

chris adams

am i right in saying that the diff and transfer boxes have built in pumps of some sort ? and if so could these be converted to run through a cooler of some sort to keep temps down and the viscosity of the oil stable ?

imaS
- gearbox GL4+, 75W-80 or 75W-90
Is 75W-90 really an OK alternative? It does seem to be more readily available than the recommend 75W-80.

90 grade works fine, only difference is that 80 grade oil has a bit lower viscosity in same temperatures.

am i right in saying that the diff and transfer boxes have built in pumps of some sort ? and if so could these be converted to run through a cooler of some sort to keep temps down and the viscosity of the oil stable ?

Only transferbox has oilpump. Check

video.

You can not change the fluids of the viscous coupling easily. It is "sealed for life", no proper drain/refill plugs. And because of that, there is no info available about VC fluid specifications or needed amount of the fluid.

cammmy

^definitely going to watch that fully. Wish I spoke French though.

Sign in to follow this