• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

chipstick

[engine_work] White 205 Gti6 Conversion

gjuk

This was a great read. good job mate!

stef205

Thought id share a little update on this for dan, ive just finished renewing his 309 tube with genuine bearings and removed the old worn bushes ready for some "grp A" bushes. Considering the tube was taken from a scrap yard i was very impressed with how clean the inside is.

Spiky

Cool

And nice one, want to come and rebuild mine? :)

chipstick

Thought id share a little update on this for dan, ive just finished renewing his 309 tube with genuine bearings and removed the old worn bushes ready for some "grp A" bushes. Considering the tube was taken from a scrap yard i was very impressed with how clean the inside is.

Many thanks for doing that Stef. I'd have made a mess of trying to do the bearings myself no doubt so best leaving it to someone who's done it before.

I was impressed with it also. The 309 it came from was originally owned by the scrapyard owner before being decommissioned to his yard. I knew it had been hanging under the car in the air for a long while but he did promise me it had been apart not long before - which offered little reassurance apart from the hope it may be slightly less hassle to dismantle than that VTS one was :lol:

Robbiedundy

Really like your car :P would be cool if you got an extra bit of red carpet for the boot and attached it to the rest, and that omp steering wheel is nice, do you know what model it is?

chipstick

Thanks Robbie :)

I was contemplating cutting up a spare carpet to line the boot but soon realised there's not enough flat area in one to use. I'll perhaps pop in with an offcut to a carpet shop and see if they have a remnant in a very similar colour :lol:

I'm unsure what model the OMP wheel is to be honest. I did want a dish after getting this one, but when I fitted it with the removable boss it positions itself in an ideal location for my gangly arms.

chipstick

I've pretty much given up on this :(

Sandy got it running perfectly in December (as the bodies had become unbalanced), but after that I SORN'd it and haven't touched it. I just haven't had the entusiasm this winter.

Edited by chipstick

rallyeash

You will. I sort of lost the love for mine over winter. This weekend it's all about to change as just re insured it and spend a load of money on parts. Just need a sunny day mate!

stef205

He's spent a lot of money on parts he just hasn't fitted any of it. Haha I may call round with my motivation techniques!

madspikes

All been there with the lack of motivation, it will return. Keep the faith!

Clive

allye

Update on this you massive fairy?

Robbiedundy

Any updates? Looking for some inspiration to get on with my own project ????