• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

309 4X4 Dimma

ultimatepug

anymore progress on the old girl? (still got the paperwork) although no v5... iirc it was put into paul higgs name in order to tax it... i dont think i ever put her in my name...

lewis205cti

Any updates? would be nice to see the progess?

M@tt

no progress i'm afraid, been plodding away trying to replace the rusty sill/jacking point area on my black one which is takign an age

BlueBolt

Only just seen this thread... What an awesome project!!! Good luck and jealous.com doesn't come close!! Lol

Henry Yorke

anymore progress on the old girl? (still got the paperwork) although no v5... iirc it was put into paul higgs name in order to tax it... i dont think i ever put her in my name...

Lol. I remember pencilling in the address into the log book so I could tax it on his trade insurance so I could get it to the PSC Spring Meet. The old bat in the Post office wrote over it in pen and sent it off so it certainly went into his name even though it was my brothers.

layton1985

Wow those pics are brilliant, the 309 looks really nice in Dimma form but so does the 205 I would love to own either one of them, I will defintely be keeping an eye on this thread for future progress, I have a 309 gti auto with ac and pas I would love to have that dimma'd one day, please don't break it.

Brian M

I would love to own this..even though it's broken :(

Edited by Brian M

kuuner

LOVE THIS PROJECT!!!! :wub:

I have a 205 Dimma myself, but love the 309 Dimma more. Here in the Netherlands we have just one 309 Dimma. And that one came from the UK. I fell in love years and years ago, when I saw that Swedish black 309 16v (later on 2.0 8v turbo). And i'm still dreaming to buy one in the future.

Isn't a update since june 2011??? :( Which colour will it be? Will you restore it in his old glory? White with striping?

There was never really a Dimma Factory here in the UK, but there is one in Belgium. There was a shop in the UK though (well a showroom that Terry had and then a shop in the Trafford centre in Manchester). I have a pic at home from the inside of a factory in Belgum (I think it was CXA or CSC that used to build them over there - they all had PLS wheels on).

Anyway, I'm off topic...

The original Dimma factory is in Luik/Liege, Belgium. In the Netherlands we had CXA, but they aren't excisting anymore for a more than a decade.

PLS is a French factory who sold the 15" versions for Dimma's in Belgium, France, Netherlands and Germany. By CXA you could even buy the 16" Compomotive (UK) rims. They had even 15" 2 piece split-rims of their own.

@ mikebullock84

the first article is of the CXA factory (NL). The second Luik (Be). The first 2 309's are DP-sportskits and not Dimma's. ;)

@ RallyeP6

I have a register of almost all Dimma's in the Netherlands. And i'm counting more than 50+ Dimma still alive! And that's only here. What I already have of UK Dimma's; 80+

So there are a 'few' Dimma's build over the time B)

Powers

Any news on this?

welshpug

I do believe he's been far too busy with a 2 year old and a Rusty 205 :lol:

M@tt

Yeah not done anything on it i'm afraid :(

JoeVTS

needs a T16 in it!

cybernck

Still nothing? :(

Jolly Green Monster

never seen a 309 dimma before.. looks fantastic..

hope you get time to restore it soon

Edp

That would be this one:

P5180004.jpg

That is special.

Any news?

speno

I own the Goodwood Dimma Now , so Time for Matt to get his finger out

Both 309 Dimma's left in England are now living 2 miles apart from each other ^^

• Like 1

j_turnell

The dimma kit suits the 309 far better than the 205 IMO, looks great. Look forward to more progress on this....