• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

daza4

[trackday_prep] Daza4's New Track Toy. (Replacement To The White O

dcc

Looks spot on Daz!

What cc is this?

rallyeash

Cracking. Nice one darren

daza4

Its 1997 cc Dan

Reebmit

Looking good Darren, nice to see good 8v :)

daza4

should really keep on top of this but ...

i have done some further upgrades!

i now have a 3J plated diff in the gearbox - wow what a difference!

I have two trackdays under my belt. i did a full day at Croft for the first full run of the car. it performed superbly. all it needed was the tyre pressures sorted and fuel. it sung all day long. i started to get a bit confident with it and had a few moments but overall the car was 100 times what i ever had planned. was so worth the wait.

I have also done a full day at castle combe. - again fuel and tyre pressure. just perfect.

shes tucked up for the winter now and the saving has started for a steel crank..... i want the most i can get from this beast and slowly but surely its coming together.

• Like 1

Gman

May I ask who built the engine?

Edited by Gman

welshpug

saving has started for a steel crank.

why? seen many engines without "steel" cranks at nigh on 50% more power than your engine with factory diesel cranks.

Spesh

Daz - cracking build :)

Do you know what arches they are on the car?

Robbiedundy

I seen a picture of this car on Facebook a few years ago which was the inspiration for my project, Miami blue with black bumpers/rallye arches. It looks awesome! I'm not sure whether to stick mine on or rivet them, would you be able to take a closer photo of it for me please? ????

opticaltrigger

Very nice Darren.I really like it.

Can we have a breakdown on the engine spec.I'm always interested in how various builders go about the challenge.

Have you got any details from the dyno run like torque / rpm etc.

Very nice project.

All the best

O.T.

daza4

why? seen many engines without "steel" cranks at nigh on 50% more power than your engine with factory diesel cranks.

so you have seen n/a engines at 300hp on a standard diesel crank? the reson im saving is i have done everything else properly then i may as well do this the right way. if anything was to go wrong at east i have a bit of come back doing it right.

Daz - cracking build :)

Do you know what arches they are on the car?

they were on it orginally - i have just had them painted freshly in gloss black.

think Colin at Pugperformance can get them - or ebay.

I seen a picture of this car on Facebook a few years ago which was the inspiration for my project, Miami blue with black bumpers/rallye arches. It looks awesome! I'm not sure whether to stick mine on or rivet them, would you be able to take a closer photo of it for me please?

I have used rivnuts and then stainless allen domed nuts to secure the arches on. means i can take them off if required - whereas a rivet is more permanent.

Very nice Darren.I really like it.

Can we have a breakdown on the engine spec.I'm always interested in how various builders go about the challenge.

Have you got any details from the dyno run like torque / rpm etc.

Very nice project.

All the best

O.T.

Tbh im not 100% on the full spec but roughly....

Forged pistons and H Rods. (I dont know what makes they are)

pistons are 2mm oversize makes it a 1998 cc

block customer bored to fit the above pistons

head repaired and a custom ground piper cam approx 310 lift pattern

valves are cut down ford cvh valves (CVH valves are colletless so the cut outs for the collets where custom machined in)

pinto double valve springs.

ford valves and springs were used as they are readily available off the shelf and its only a case of maching the collet holders in.

unsure of compression ratio.

i dont have a rolling road print out to hand but i seem to remember 161ftlb of torque at 6500rpm but i could be completely wrong on that ... but who knows as every dyno and rolling roads are different ! its a smooth map and thats what i look for.

then jenveys and dta controlling everything. with weber pico injectors as the gti6 ones i was using where beyond my requirements.

there were a few bits the engine builder changed bolt size wise to the next size up too. sump bolts and water pump. where drilled and tapped to the next size up.

it does need a sandy map on it as im not impressed with the cold map its crap.

welshpug

300 bhp is not common at all, seen 280+ however, as you're still 8v its the head thats holding you back massively not the crank.

daza4

300 bhp is not common at all, seen 280+ however, as you're still 8v its the head thats holding you back massively not the crank.

I understand the crank is not my issue - but im not figure hungry - what i have achieved is still way more then i need ! its only a track car. ( you still got the xsara box? have replied twice on your for sale post)

opticaltrigger

I think your crank will be fine Darren and well up for the job.We use one in the project car were doing and we've put over 200 through it without issue.

In fact for what it's worth, we recently had it all to bits and did a full inspection of the crank and there's no issues.

The CVH valves is interesting.I didn't know about that.Why is that done?

Forgive my ignorance but I hadn't heard of it before,it seems quite a process considering that the valves and springs are available.Is it because they are a different size perhaps?

All the best

O.T.

daza4

The cvh valves are seamless so he can machine the collet bits in. Plus yes i believe they may be bigger! But its stuff my engine builder holds on the shelf