• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

daza4

[trackday_prep] Daza4's New Track Toy. (Replacement To The White O

Miles

The old ebay engine I guess, Abit down on power for that spec of cam thou from experience, but be interesting on another set to see

edbar

Sounds good Daz, I think you and I are going to be very close on track! That does sound a tad shy on power taking into account you have large inlet valves 12.5-1 compression and a lairy cam though, is it on carbs or bodies? Good work!

daza4

Bit of an update as been working like mad - cant - dont want to say - what i have been doing as it is a surprise ;) but when its complete it will be clean......

more bits have been powder coated still need to order loads of other bits but i will get there :)

i will add pictures as i get stuff done but its all a bit boring atm !!

cant wait to get it all done but its nearing the start towards the light at the end of a very long tunnel!!!!

Cheers Ed be good to see you on track ;) especially with no misfire hey !!

jonny6

looking forward to an update pal , :)

dandan205

very nice 205 , just asking what are you doing with the old bucket seats ?

barry d

any updates?

daza4

Well big update !

To start with i got a new road car - 04 plated subaru impreza sti. This kinda stalled the 205 build a bit!!

I had been having some issues with bits breaking etc & tbh i lost interest big time!

So the car has really just sat there with me at home not doing anything on it.

I also met a young lady so she also wants some of my valuable time!!

But anyway then pugfest came.

I managed to get tickets online at the very last minute. Think the transaction went through at 22.20!!

But anyway long story short - i got the 205 bug back.

The impreza is pissing me off already ! So that will be up for sale shortly - i have burst that bubble now.

So anyway update time!

Have got the gbox rebuilt with new seals and a new quaife atb diff i have had nearly a year now!

This has been painted up.

The engine is all rebuilt ready to go back together with the gbox just waiting on a lightened & balanced flywheel from sandy/colin - but that will be a while as i only got that arranged tonight !! Ooppps!

The subframe is all built up with new pug bushes to replace the poly bushes - as the pug rubber bushes are soooo much stiffer!! So happy with that.

Also noticed that my front anti-rollbar is a thick one so no idea what that came off!

No pictures again as i want the reveal to be done once the car has been finished. I have got a lot of ideas - with some of them in place already - others i need to do as i plumb in the fuel lines & brake lines.

Got the drivers polycarb window fitted tonight & hoping to get the passenger one fitted tomorrow night. Once i have the flywheel back i can fit the engine & box then see of the engine even runs after all my hard work! I have my doubts but im sure it will be fine! (fingers crossed!)

Will get the seat rails fitted next week then the inside can be painted properly then get my nice new seats in! Then the roof panel will be made then the wiring etc - not a lot to do really but it all takes a huge amount of time!!

Sorry for the huge gap in updates but i have my mojo back now so i wont stop now!

Anyone interested in an 04 impreza - pm me!! Lol

Anthony

Also noticed that my front anti-rollbar is a thick one so no idea what that came off!

309 GTi I suspect - they're 21mm diameter vs 17mm for a 205 GTi.

daza4

Cheers for that anthony!! clears that up.

Well to be honest not a lot has happened as i havent been able to make the time to get to the car to do much work due to overtime at work and other commitments :(

Got the brake calipers - front removed overhauled and refitted. Engine has had all the ancillaries fitted - now i have a flywheel from a forum member - Cheers Dcc - i can get the gbox fitted to the engine and get that fitted.

I have cleaned and located all my BBM hoses i have acquired overtime - have some extras so these will be for sale when im up and running.

Still have to get the seat rails fabricated but thats on for this weekend.

The poly windows are in and fitted and have sorted out in my head how the brake lines and fuel lines are going to run - need to get some fittings but that will be done tomorrow and then the brake lines at least will be fitted at the weekend.

Have removed the studs that hold the steering column in so i can fit some bolts to get the wheel lowered a bit now the seats will be fitted on the floor!

Have realised i should have washed it before i stripped it ! as its filthy but will get a nice clean when im done !

Short update but im getting there and the scooby is now up for sale! as my 206 will be going back on the road. will also release some much needed funds as i may need to go to mapped ecu for the engine to run properly but will be on carbs for now......

Daza

daza4

Big update as had a good weekend on the build! Look out Mr Cherryvi WILL beat you to getting mine done before you lol!

Brake line parts bought & 1/2 fitted - all the fronts are done just need to fit the seats to work out the run of the internal pipe to the rear & the bias valve position. Happy with the results.

Got the flywheel & clutch From Dcc this week - that has been fitted that enabled the fitting of the gbox which in turn enabled me to fit the engine!

Then got the rebuilt subframe fitted (anyone know the torque settings of the subframe bolts?? Can't find it in the Haynes manual!! )

Along with new anti roll bar links. Fitted a new boot to a split bottom ball joint - that was easier than I thought!

Fitted the front set of stud conversion kit. I have the bug back & can really see an end to the project now will get the seat rils fabricated & hopefully welded in this week. Then the dash & wiring can be sorted.

Got my 205 mojo back - one happy Daza!!

daza4

Sorry no pictures yet - they have been taken but will be bulk uploaded at the end. I'm loving how it's turning out I hope you guys like my touches I have done - it's different :D

rallyeash

Look forward to pics mate

EdCherry

Hahaha you wont beat me, cant wait to see the progress tuesday night mate! Better be tanking on to beat me ;)

daza4

Well seat rails fabricated last night - hopefully get them welded in tonight - im not a welder unfortunately but a mate is very good!

Will post some teaser shots up when im done....

Got my fuel pipe fittings today so can fit the fuel pipe now - its coming together quickly now - got the urge to finish it as its so close!!

daza4

Right thought i should update this as i have spent every spare minute i have working on it !!

The fuel lines are all in :) all new copper lines run inside the car.

The floor has nice new proper rails fitted for my new seats - the seats are also now fitted.

The rollcage has been given a fresh coat of paint

The floor of the inside has been given a fresh coat of paint (even if I'm not overly happy with it)

The brake lines are also fitted & run inside the car with a new bias valve neatly fitted

The engine is in but just "hanging"

The dash went back in tonight - but im sorting the location of the fuse box

All the brake calipers have been removed - cleaned painted & reinstalled

I have bought far too many wheels for this project so i think i will sell some of these! At least two sets i think (i have bought three sets in the last month!!) but found a set i love as track wheels but will keep the original 1.9 speedlines as you just cant beat the look!

Im working out what to do with the rear arches as i feel the previous effort is poor. Thinking fiberglass repairs here.

I still have a huge list to do and a mass load of pictures but want to give a shock factor when its actually done

I have purchased a set of throttle bodies & Dta ecu so she will be running & sounding as good as she ever will be :)

Starting to get a bit excited now ! Can see it all coming together!

Thanks for reading

Will keep the posts updated a bit more :)

Daza

daza4

Well a quick update:

This turned up last week so been busy fitting it jn preparation for the throttle bodies :)

FE782E52-E2E9-4A5B-9777-374ED68AC3DE-273

334526B5-884C-42B1-9C21-E636A0F977BD-273

Seats are back in dash is slowly coming together all the front suspension is in engine is in.

Im getting there people ! Bring on the track days of 2013 :)

allye

steady on Daz, might be on the road soon :P

daza4

Thats the aim mate :)

daza4

Thought i best do an update really!

Made it to the rolling road what now feels like years - but a few months ago...

Sadly it didnt go well...

I got it on the trailer.

I got it on the rollers for mapping.

Then it started to knock...

Bugger..

I was pissed off to say the least.

Got it back at 10.00 to the workshop & by 11.30 i was ready to drop the engine out - but sadly i didnt have a crane!

Got back to it on sunday and got the engine out and stripped & i found i had built it wrong :(

I had put the bearing cap of No.1 conrod round the wrong way. Starving it of oil & picking up on the bearing.

null-1209.jpg

null-2468.jpg

Sadly also learnt the "forged" engine i bought - isnt forged :(

I got the engine and bits dropped off to an engine builder i had met who was willing to do a deal on the repairs.

Then the fun began & we had a chat. Then the bills got bigger & bigger.

I have now purchased -

Rods

Pistons

Liners

The engine is definately forged now :D

Engines being fully built

Every part of the engine is being acid dipped - cleaned & beadblasted :)

The block looks like new!

I have spent a small fortune on it but i am aiming for big things now!

Im not going into the specs but lets say im aiming for over 200hp from the 8 valve.

I have recently sold the corbeau bucket seats as they were just too narrow to be comfortable for me or any passengers

I have bought some wider sparco buckets. :)

Got this switch panel made up :-

null-906.jpg

Also picked up a flocked dash of the bay so that will now be fitted to make the dash a bit neater - i cut a bit too much off the one above sadly. But you live & learn!

I have too many wheels.

It has become an obsession :(

Currently in stock

Berlingo steels in focus rs green

Mi wheels

Speedlines white

Speedlines black

Team dynamics 1 black

Exip deep dish

Far too many for one 205!

I also had some nimrods but these have been swopped out! Wheelwhore is my new nickname!

Well the plan is to keep doing the overtime so i can pay for the engine as once its done im looking forward to hitting the track in 2014 & getting some serious track time in at various circuits

I have got myself a land rover disco 2 td5 to tow the 205. I hope to get my own trailer at some point but for now the works plant trailer will surfice!

Well just a quick update

Will get some more soon.

Edited by daza4

rallyeash

Yeah Sort it out Darren! Haha

• Like 1

daza4

Right well update time....

Nothing to update really..............

I have not lost interest or anything just I have been waiting for my engine to be built but it is due very soon

. It was due in March this year .......but well things didnt go to plan. on the plus side i got a lot fitter in the summer as i got a new mountain bike and enjoyed that instead of trackdays!

0939EC99-43EA-4B79-B747-F9B4D2867DF6.jpg

Few piccys....:

wheels :

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/g7fcyv9uhq4tats/AAArohh9mr0xXQpIWVnm4Em_a

Anyway. The car is currently sat looking very sorry for itself. BUT......

once the engine is done and ready to collect its all hands on deck. I have every piece of the final jigsaw.

The wheel habit has gone. along with all the wheels! i have just three sets now. one fully refurbished set. the original speedlines and the Mi wheels that will get refurbished at somepoint.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/holb2ipqa1rtv5w/AAAOe65u_YoGK2Qx02yDGx7wa

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9z8g1xpxml2i8zc/AADIYJCC9ESmzdiqb-SDZqfPa

I have managed to source a new mode of transport and trackday transport too :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/kqtnbr5bba0qwca/AACJFJEoKlMlpWoQDakPwEzka

So we will be able to travel to different tracks in the country to enjoy some days out !

Updates will be more often once the engine arrives !

I cannot wait - its been far too long.

Edited by daza4
  • Like 1

daza4

Well im just going to put this here....

A314A920-47D0-40C3-B945-06E855B11652.jpg

But the engine is finally built & dyno'd.

Just shy of 200hp. But with driveability :)

Pick it up later today.

Then i have all the pieces to the puzzle & the final rebuild can begin

Happy doesnt get close to it!!! Buzzing...

• Like 1

Anthony

Excellent - certainly been a while in the making, but sounds like it will be worth the wait as that's a far from shabby result for an 8v.

Time to re-introduce the fair citizens of Swindon to the joy of induction hammer :D

• Like 1