• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Carl Chambers

[project] 205 With Honda Rear Engine

johnnyboy666

thats looks absolutely stunning! the grill looks a bit dull in comparison to the rest of the paint though. The bumper doesnt look nearly as bad as i thought it might, i think it kinda modernises the front end so to speak

SurGie

Amazing work and result there, not keen on the front bumper though it just looks odd and too far forward for me, at least it fits well enough though. It does look lower at the back compared to the front or is that the picture ?

I'd imagine it would be harder to drive with the rear end being much wider than the front, not wanting to hit any kerbs during cornering etc ?

Carl Chambers

The grille is just satin black hence why its dull.

the front bumper does grow on you and looks much better now its been painted!

The rear suspension does need bringing up slightly as the floor in the middle is just too low! The tracking and camber etc all needs to be set up aswell as the wheels are sitting at all sorts of angles at the moment!

shalmaneser

Awesome work but should have gone for t16 style slats on the boot lid!

Still an amazing effort, and a bloody quick job too!

Video anytime soon?

BERTMAN

looks really good actually, i too was skeptical about the front bumper but i actually quite like it! It works somehow. We need video's now :lol:

kyepan

any magazine features planned?

well done!

same - really would like to hear the vtech!

S@m

Strangely, as has been said, the bumper is looking ok now!

Even using the standard honda radiator, gotta love the recycling nature of this project. My brother owned one of those MB6 civic Vtis for a few years, and it was an exact match for my 306 1.9 Mi16 in a straight line; so this should be good at 800kg! Awesome engine, awesome project!

Sam

wested

Gotta say I usually go for a more standard looking GTI but this green beast looks lovely...Well done! :)

Carl Chambers

This is booked on a trackday at Snetterton on 24th Feb if anyone fancys coming to see it!

My 306 and the Ford Anglia are both going aswell!

Edited by Carl Chambers

Carl Chambers

It was MOT today and taken for its first test drive, its taken ages to get the suspension set up right!

Well all I can say is its fun/scary to drive! It just lights the tyres up in the first 3 gears! and thats without the VTEC coming in!!!

I gets very light on the front and gets very twitchy so more suspension setting up is needed to help this but it sure does go!!

zebedy101

Love it!! The front bumper does work well actually, the colour looks different!! I'm also not so keen on the boot cutout, would have looked better with one similar to your Miami had

24seven

The one photo of it from behind without the rear bumper, I kinda like the way it looks like that. Delta S4 style. I'd followed this on the '6 forum not realising it was up here and not being able to post in the projects section there. Looks good! Like others I thought the suspension setup from the front of one car going into the rear of another would prove difficult to get to behave properly. i'd be interested to know what changes or tweaks you end up making to get it working right. :)

CallumCurwood

Aha, I've followed this from the start. It's turned out alot better then what i thought it would, looks awesome. Congrats!

tom_xl

This is seriously cool! I love the idea of doing a RWD 205 and vtec engines are great, good luck with the susension setup hope it gets a bit less scary to drive!

MiniGibbo

Hurry up and get some videos dude!!

Carl Chambers

This probably wont be to everyones liking, but I think it looks pretty good!

The car has been stickered up ready for the trackday next week, here are some pictures;

031-3.jpg

028-3.jpg

027-3.jpg

025-3.jpg

023-3.jpg

021-4.jpg

and a couple of the Anglia thats they have built aswell which will also be at the trackday;

018-7.jpg

013-6.jpg

• Like 1

Liquid_106

I like, but the front end looks a little bare in comparison - more stickers! ;)

Carl Chambers

The track day went well in this, there was a few niggles but that was to be expected, handling was ok but does need some tweaks.

here are a few pics for you;

003-28.jpg

008-15.jpg

009-12.jpg

023-4.jpg

032-4.jpg

035-4.jpg

038-3.jpg

Carl Chambers

044-2.jpg

063.jpg

066.jpg

086.jpg

IMG_6698.jpg

but its now all coming apart again as a new engine has been bought!

its now having a 2.0 vtec with a turbo, producing around 300bhp, so watch this space as I will keep you all updated!

• Like 2

qwerty

PUGONDA :lol:

I love it :lol:

Carl Chambers

The new engine with its small turbo fitted;

001-31.jpg

002-32.jpg

Im not folly up on the spec but from memory its a B18 block from a CRX as these are the strongest (im told!) 2.0 head and internals which are all fully uprated! all engine managment came with the engine.

With the small turbo it was running 300bhp

but included in the deal was a big turbo which could run 400bhp!!!

003-29.jpg

but that would be crazy.......................!

BlueBolt

Just read this from start to here!!

WOW!!!!!

Awesome build!!! Looking forward to seeing the outcome from that big turbo :) lol

Liquid_106

but that would be crazy not to.......................!

Edited for truth :P

samthornton1990

Get a video wacked up. This is awesome