• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

[misc_work] 91' 205 Dturbo Rallye Rep

samthornton1990

Looks soo much better on the rallye steels! I want another 205!!!

Paul_13

Alright Max,

Can you take a pic of what you've done with the fuel filter please, half tempted to do the same.

Incase you haven't guessed I've fitted a 1.9 dt engine in mine :lol:

1.7 bar of boost at the mo, still on top mount ic at the moment but plans are in place for a front mount!

Strictly_Derv

IMAG0870.jpg

It's pretty simple just remove the standard fuel filter inlet and place it on the VAG filter. I have moved the filter onto the engine for a bit more heat as it was too cold for veg oil.

When did you do the conversion? My sisters boy friend has also done one to his 5dr NAD, we should have a mini meet soon!

Edited by Strictly_Derv

welshpug

baffled as to why you'd do that :unsure:

Paul_13

I'd understand if the filter had a larger diameter connections either side. What is the o. d. Of the connections Max? 8/10mm?

WP

The standard filter housing is really restrictive when you turn the fuel /boost up

Strictly_Derv

Well there's quite a few reasons for doing it. it's far easier to change (not that it matters to me) it flows better like Paul says, much more of a reliable method especially when using veg oil which eats seals and it flows far better. When you get to stage 3 tuning on XUD's every little bit helps.

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure it's 8mm. You should try boring out the Bajo bolt and extension bolt Paul if you get the change, again not a big power mod but helps a flow.

Daviewonder

Have you fixed it yet Max?

• Like 1

Paul_13

Hello Max,

Just been on ebay buying a few intake/intercooler pipes. Did you modify the hose off the turbp for it top come out above the inlet manifold?

Hoping for similar figures to yours when it's complete

Strictly_Derv

So along time since I've posted on here but I now no longer own the car.

The last few months of ownership involved a snapped cambelt which luckily just bent a valve so I replaced the head and pulleys ect and whilst it was off fitted an 11mm hybrid injector pump, one week later I put it on a Dyno Dynamic RR and it produced 189.9BHP.

A month later The K04 sucked in something it shouldn't (yeah yeah I know thats what filters are for haha) and it got destroyed. I then replaced the turbo for a TD04 and after 4 hours it suffered from chronic engine failure, which I believe was due to old oil in the intercooler from the old turbo dying getting blasted into the engine from the new turbo which caused it to run away to what RPM I do not know as it did it when I changed gear at 5,500RPM so must have hit the 7's. I later found out this caused the belt to slip and smash every valve into each piston causing some impressive damage.

th_807DAD89-DCED-406C-816A-C35F4657F656-

IMG_10771_zpsfefa59ed.jpg

null_zpsdf99c42b.jpg

null_zps2284c543.jpg

null_zps2284c543.jpg

So, the cars now in Cornwall with another big turbo'd XUD which is good to know.

It was a great little car but work requires something a bit more reliable and comfortable so it had to go. I will be back with another in a few year no doubt, but for now, goodbye :)

allye

What a shame! But you can't help but think you made it super un reliable! :P should have stuck a stand one back in or just a very mildly tuned one.