• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

arwel

[rally_prep] Road Rally 205 Gti

arwel
Here are some pics from Wales Rally GB

83566851-F6FB-41E9-B427-D8F7A5CF7FC8_zps

Miss heard a note on the entry to this one and came in a little too fast.

BBFA2669-027D-4AE4-AC43-C30F6F201B35_zps

99C5502B-1E62-4EA6-8153-A05FD5FDAF35_zps

A58055F2-6BF6-4A14-85C4-19C9F8148CB9_zps

A55A4C12-E324-43F2-A719-83DA0A792714_zps

My favourite from the rally.

• Like 2

arwel

Here some behind the scenes photos.

C445506B-1193-4B06-95F4-AEF244C4E12C_zps

All set up in service

45DD6D4B-C6D3-4485-8E55-A8E4B67C18D8_zps

Something not quite right here

21CF668B-A21B-4379-AF39-09F82A222FA6_zps

Waiting to tackle the Great Orme

C6207A9F-47D0-4598-991F-A0789611E4C1_zps

Llandudno Re group after the Orme

dcc

Oh you managed to get a photo where it wasnt raining. Nice :)

• Like 1

arwel

Hahaha it was a very rare one.

arwel

We have been a little busy since we did WRGB. Focus had turned back to Puggers and getting him ready for the Jaffa Stages down in pembrey on the 28th of December. I have advertised the car for sale as part of me feels like I need a new challenge but we'll see if it does get sold. For now though we have got to the bottom of the running issue. We had a leak in the pump so were losing fuel pressure there and also found a small leak off the fuel filter so both these issues are now sorted and it now feels back to its best and is a little animal again. Hoping for a clean run down pembrey and get to the end. It would be nice to push for class honours and aim for a top 10 but we'll see how the day goes.

arwel

We've been seeded at car 31 for the WWRS Jaffa stages at Pembrey. We're looking forward to just getting out on the last rally of the year and going to have some fun but a finish and tidy result would be a nice way to see out the year.

We have also started the process of buying a house so it looks like rallying in 2016 will be on a very small scale but I have decided to keep the car and I have a few little changes I'd like to do to it once the garage is built with the new house. This will probably be my last update before Christmas now so I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you are all on Santas nice list :D​

TAG

We'll probably be at Pembrey, hopefully you'll have better luck than last year!

Nick Wilson from BAC looks to have entered in a RR Proton, as well as Knibbsy.....looks like there's gunna be some competition in that class! And Jamie Jukes of course!

On the money front, remember Arwel, the silly seat is normally free!! :P

arwel

Awesome stuff, hopefully the weather will be decent for the day aswell. It should be a very good day down there providing everything goes to plan. It's. Very big class and lots of competition but with the cars current lack of form we ll be happy to get a finish but if we can put in some good times then we ll give it a go.

Hahaha, I don't mind the silly seat but it's not the same as driving so I think we ll hold off for a while next year.

dcc

By 'current' lack of form, do you mean entire history of events? :D

What you need is a decent 1.9 8v...

arwel

By 'current' lack of form, do you mean entire history of events? :D

What you need is a decent 1.9 8v...

Hahahaha, It was pretty good up until the end of 2014, since then its been a bit of a problem child but we'll get there.

arwel

WWRS Jaffa stages once again didn't go to plan. It seems to be a proper Achilles heel of an event for me as I've never finished it after 4 attempts. We picked up a puncture half a mile into SS1. SS2 started well with good pace and caught and passed a car. Unfortunately the throttle body stuck open which caused us to retire from the rally.

That has now been rectified and the car is now ready to go again. However, with a house in the process of being built our activities for 2016 is going to be severaly reduced so I am debating selling the car as I can't see it being used much if at all this year.

arwel

So this is likely to be one of the last updates on this topic. Last night I took a deposit on Puggers so it's looking like he will be off to a new home in the near future. I do have a few little jobs I'd like to sort before he goes so there will be at least one more update before the curtain comes down on nearly 7 years worth of ownership and rallying.

arwel

Today marked the end of this chapter of my life. After nearly 7 years, Puggers was collected by his new owner earlier today. There's been lots and lots of good times and some not so good times but that's motorsport. Thank you to you all for reading my posts over the last few years and a massive thank you to all of you who helped with all my questions over the years. I ve learnt a lot about 205 ownership from you guys and for that I thank you. So for now I'll leave you with the last couple of pics and say au revoir.

DE580429-FA0C-442B-A606-7E9A53B81DBC_zps

CECCBF2B-5AA8-4EAF-8C24-209E2C8DBA6A_zps

Anthony

Shame the old girl has gone to pastures new as I've enjoyed this thread :(

Is the new owner going to also be rallying it do you know?

Mac Crash

Thanks for the thread, enjoyed it...

arwel

He is indeed Anthony. It's out on the 9th of April at Cadwell on a rally called the Alan Hitton memorial I think. A guy called Blair has bought it, he's in the Army and drives one of the Army land rover defenders that compete on some events but he fancies something of his own to play with so its gone to a good home.

opticaltrigger

Well done Arwel,

Geat build thread that I've really enjoyed.

All the very best

O.T.