• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

opticaltrigger

[race_prep] Turbo Hill Climb Project

wicked
On 10/17/2019 at 9:48 PM, Tom Fenton said:

Filter area looks far too small for decent power.

When is it too small? You need some pressure difference to suck it through filter and the diff increases with the flow. As a result the turbo needs to work a little harder to compensate, so bigger is better, but not sure when to say that it is too small.

Regarding the design, did you consider the ingress of water?

Most OEM inlets have a kind low point where water is trapped an can leak out or evaporate while driving. (205 has the filter box above the exhaust).

In your design it goes directly into the turbo. While driving it likely doesn't harm, but I don't think you want standing water in the turbo on start up. Small draining hole might fix it already?

opticaltrigger

Hey guy's,

Another long absence for me again, mad world, mad countries, work, and life, etc, etc. 

Still, I'm back now and keen to get back at it.

Anyway, for anyone that's still interested in this long running thread, thought that I would drop in and do a small hello and update on the project again.

As I haven't been around for a while, it's been great to come back and see some of the other project threads have moved on leaps and bounds. That's one of the things I like best about this place, you can see over the years how everyones stuff has just got better and better over time. Love it.......

Well, a few days back we finally removed the cover from the car again and showed it daylight once more. It was great really as I haven't seen it for almost a year now, so really refreshing to get it out again and spend some time on it. After a few checks on various things and a bit of TLC, connected up the lap top, hit the start button and instantly back to life again.... Nice sound that,,,

All went well, CLT, oil pressure and temps, everything really except for one thing... There is some really crapy wiring left on the car, like the nasty old OEM fuse board is still integeral to the loom and nasty old relays etc. It's the only bit which has as yet never really been addresed properly. 

So we figured that being as mostly everything else on the car is quite nice, the wiring should really make an effort aswell. So as one last big effort to finally bring the 205 quest to some sort of completion, were gonna rewire it, and then maybe, just maybe even have a year where we get to have a little fun with it... Hah, imagine that..... 

So were gathering up bits now and over the next few weeks we should have it done hopefully. I'll take a few pictures as we go through it and post them up for anyone that wants to see them.

Anyway, feels really good to be back here again.

All the very best guy's,

O.T.

• Like 3