• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Misfire

Gavin Waddell

mz 1.9 has developed a wired miss fire, when the car is cold it is fine as soon as it gets up to temp aftera few miles its starts to stutter when under a load and want to cut out, if i accelerate hard it cuts revs then dies. The engine was rebuilt and i ran it in for a 1000miles, withno problems. I changed the water temp sensor to the ecufor a spare one that i had and will that improved the problem a bit but not much. also on the misfire it bangs a lot lke its over fuelling.

Gavin

munster

Sounds very much like a dodgy ignition amplifier..

Roman
mz 1.9 has developed a wired miss fire, when the car is cold it is fine as soon as it gets up to temp aftera few miles its starts to stutter when under a load and want to cut out, if i accelerate hard it cuts revs then dies. The engine was rebuilt and i ran it in for a 1000miles, withno problems. I changed the water temp sensor to the ecufor a spare one that i had and will that improved the problem a bit but not much. also on the misfire it bangs a lot lke its over fuelling.

Gavin

try change ignition amplifire....

Gavin Waddell

i will change the amp for a spare one that i have lying around, the other thing is tyhat ive never had heat paste on the amp, its alwazs been fixed to a big aluminium plate to dissapate the heat.

kate205gti

ditto ignition amp :D worth trying a known good one just to be sure!

large

Water temp sensor,when engine is up to temp it is then over fueling. To test just unplug whan up to temp.

Edited by large

MerlinGTI

Mines just started doing this within the last week ! ECU temp sensor is brand new (changed it a fortnight before the problem began) So im too going with ignition amp.

Make sure you get a bosch one mine, I put a GSF one (Hugo) on and it created a missfire all thrugh the rev range.

Sign in to follow this