• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul_13

Tires What Are People Running?

swinney88

when i bought my 205 it had toyo t1r's which gripped pretty well in both dry and wet conditions. but they were so easily and now i hav a set of goodyear eagle f1's which are brilliant.

McDude

Michelin Pilot Exalto 2s

Grippy in all conditions (not tried them in snow yet though!) and very progressive when they do let go. I got 8k plus 2 track days and a 'ring trip out of my last set.

~£50 a corner

Paul_13

Over the weekend i swapped my yoko a539's for an old set of tires that came with a spare set of wheel and the grip level difference is unbelievable. They're 10 times better but i can even pronounce the name of them and theres stress cracks every where on them.

Only run them for a week or so and hopefully get some new tires for christmas! ;)

I really wouldn't recomend Yokohama A539 to any one unless you nearly want your arse end written off into a fence or bush!

CaptainK

I run Toyo T1Rs on my 205 GTi6. Okey tyres but I don't get the same feel of confidence when driving round corners fast as I do with the Eagle F1s on my FTO. Different car & suspension I know but in the wet my T1Rs don't seem as confident.

I'll try the Michelin PE2s next time as my Dad has them on his ZS180 MG and that seems very stable.

jengis
Ran Eagle F1's on mine, cracking grip in the wet and dry, didn't last too long though, especially with firmer suspension, and bulged very easily!

Second that! My brother put F1's on his (standard) GTi-6 a couple of years ago and had to replace three of them in the space of 6 months due to bulges (one was due to a massive pot hole to be fair, but the others could not be attributed to any one particular incident). He changed to a complete set of T1-r's (205/45 r16) in the end, fine so far.

My set of T1-r's on the 205 are comming to the end of their life (8k miles of B' roads, swapped front/back twice) and they have been a fine tyre, only just starting to tug and aquaplane in standing water now they're at 2-3mm. Wet grip has been way above what I was expecting really. Feel a bit vague when new but thats my only complaint.

On a budget, T1-r's are my fave tyre but I would like to try Michelin PE2 next (or R888's? :) )

dynacord

front - toyo proxes

rear - michelin pilot exalto

seem pretty fine

what do you think about yokos side racing?

bensonmi

[the other thing to think about is what tyre pressure do you use?

i found when using 195 45 yokos that 28psi was ideal gave a little nit more flex,could go a bit less to but risk the tyres wearing un evenly

Guest Aviram

Just replaced to Yokohama S-DRIVE. till now Eagle F1..

KRISKARRERA

You just cant beat "star Performers". The tyre of choice for road and track use.

:P

Cameron

Another vote for Uniroyal Rainsports.

The Conti premium contacts I have on the Mondeo are pretty damn good too.

Baz

There was a very similar and concise topic about tyres a while ago. Could've been found with a quick search! :P

28CRAIG

Another one for Michelin PE2's i just got 25k from the fronts and they have plenty of grip wet or dry and are nice and progressive when the back end does go.