• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
arnold naber

The Ultimate Tu Engine For A 205

arnold naber

Hi,

I currently have a euro 1.3 rallye. This is used for trackdays.. it has a 305 degree camshaft...

Off course i need upgrade next year :).. Therefor i'm looking for the ultimate TU engine to fit a 1.3 rallye..to keep the rallye aspect i think i'll keep the carbs or go vor ITBs

my plans currently are:

1.3 rallye head

318 degree camshaft with all the stuff it needs to have (springs etc.)

1.6 TU bottom end from a 306

rallye transmission fitted into the 306 housing.

this all on ITB's

What in you opinon is the ultimate TU engine to fit in a 205..

welshpug
What in you opinon is the ultimate TU engine to fit in a 205..

A Peugeot/Citroen Sport Maxi/Kitcar TU5J4 :)

that or a Sandy Brown build.

Batfink

I'd keep the current engine, look at high compression and forged pistons to get the best out the camshaft and move to a decent set of throttlebodies. Then start looking at suspension and tyres

arnold naber

i want to drive with an 1.6 because someone in holland drives with this setup

Rebuild 1587cc block new pistonts etc.

head complete rebuild with kent cams 284 degree camshaft with dubbel camvalves and kent cams camfollowers

with rebuild Weber 40 DCOM

i know this one puts out a

126 Bhp @ 5000 rpm,

205 nm @ 3900 rpm

LBNL @ 1600 rpm 180 Nm

exact details about this block aren't know because the owner has build it from some one who build it...

Batfink

well as the 106 1.3 rallye engine is good for 110bhp standard going to a 1.6 with the above power doesn't sound appealing as its an iron block.

Throttlebodies and cams should get similar results on the lighter block.

jonnygoodhand
that or a Sandy Brown build.

I'd echo this! But you don't state if you plan on keeping it 8v?

I'm over-joyed with my 8v TU, designed and built by Sandy: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...90&start=90

And this 16v by Sandy is pretty awesome: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...81796&st=30

Ross's project 150 also looks great: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=76877

There was also a rather tasty 8v on eBay a few weeks back: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=180301838274

Vossy's (over on the 106 forum), another Sandy build, is extremely impressive too: http://www.106rallyeforum.com/forum2008/sh...3bhp&page=4

Edited by jonnygoodhand

arnold naber

Hmm

k so the extra weight off the 1.6 doesn't make it up on the extra power..

John i found you topic and i'ms truggling trough :)

Since i don't have any experience in (re)building a blocks and there arn't much dutch rallye owners who race with one i started this topic to get some info..

Batfink

is this car for fun or for racing?

hodgy

my friend built a 1.6/1.3 106 rallye and it went like stink! but it was very un reliable and the limiter stopped working.it was getting rr set up and the guy doing it took it to 8500 and said he wasnt gonna rev it any further. in the end he put a VTS engine in and cammed that and had more power,better mpg and reliabilty

bren_1.3
my friend built a 1.6/1.3 106 rallye and it went like stink! but it was very un reliable and the limiter stopped working.it was getting rr set up and the guy doing it took it to 8500 and said he wasnt gonna rev it any further. in the end he put a VTS engine in and cammed that and had more power,better mpg and reliabilty

im researching this to do the same sort of thing. they say the (106) 1.3 and 1.6 rallye heads are exactly the same. but the bore sizes are different on the bottom ends? did it used to blow head gaskets?

arnold naber

trackdays..

no competition or something.. just trackdays and maybe a little tour to the local supermarket but main use trackdays

arnold naber

found one other guy who drives with a 205 on trackdays

he has a 1.6 build with an 1.6 16v bottompart.. with suzuki tbs..and a310 degree camshaft puts out an whoppin

159 Bhp @ 6550 rpm

170 nm @ 5400 rpm.

At 2900 rpm it has the minimum of 96 % of the max. thorque !

welshpug

you can get that much from a standard 16v TU with a decent set of camshafts and an aftermarket exhaust manifold.

Edited by welshpug

arnold naber
you can get that much from a standard 16v TU with a decent set of camshafts and an aftermarket exhaust manifold.

i know..but i have now read that the 16 also is an iron blok so also quite heavy

welshpug

lighter than an Mi16 mind :)

christopher
I'd keep the current engine, look at high compression and forged pistons to get the best out the camshaft and move to a decent set of throttlebodies. Then start looking at suspension and tyres

I would tend to agree with Batfink on this. If you are running standard compression then you are definately not getting the best from that camshaft. I reckon mine is kinda on the edge (279) of what it should be. As you probably know the Group A 1.3 205 Rallyes make about 140bhp (with standard carbs and chokes) that kind of duration cam. They run forged pistons and a much higher compression.

For that car (205 Euo Rallye) that would really be the ultimate. I've also considered a modified bottom end (I have a TU5J4 in the basement) but you need to create cutouts for the valves to have a decent lift.

Please don't rape a perfectly good rallye and put TU 16v in it B) Buy a Gti and put a GTI6 in it :)

Edited by christopher

arnold naber

Hmm

k well i'll have a look into that.. it sounds interesting...

i dont know exactly what is done with my engine and it still has to be dynod..

think the 1.6 will leave again.. wont rape a rallye with a 16v :blink:

Sign in to follow this