• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
custard-rallye

205 Rallye

custard-rallye

hi, just joined just a few questions on the 205 rallye is the box they come with any good as mine seems really long geared which is not what i expected as being a ex 106 rallye owner the box on them is far from long.

is the engine easy to tune i have a vtr engine in the shed if it would be better off putting that in i wouldnt mind a euro spec engine but i cant find any and funds are low at the moment but could be a future purchase any help would be appreciated cheers Stefan.

Jrod

UK 205 rallyes are pretty crap as standard to be honest.

Really long ratio box and a 75bhp iron block engine, XS engine and box drop straight in and give 85bhp as standard, 20kg less and a really nice short ratio box.

Edited by Jrod

custard-rallye

ah i thought the box was really long might just save for a euro engine and get a ax gt box or xs.

Tandoh
ah i thought the box was really long might just save for a euro engine and get a ax gt box or xs.

The problem with getting a Euro engine is finding one!

Batfink

just fit a 106 rallye one...

DaveW

Yeah get an xs/gt box the 106 rallye one is good but its not worth paying £100+ for a 2nd box which you know has been ragged..

custard-rallye

i have a spare vtr engine in the shed but cant be bothered with the wiring could use the bottom end i guess anybody done it before?

Sign in to follow this