• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

2300cc 16v Build

B1ack_Mi16
i would have thought peak power will be lower down the rev range due to the amount of torque it will have with the bigger bore size so wont really have any need to rev it up to 8k

Depends on your cam choice I guess.

Mine has still climbing powercurve at the limiter at 8000rpm.

But if you are aiming for about 200-220bhp that should not be a problem to get below 7000rpm.

wardy18

with the right cam choice and head work, Matt has predicted approx 270bhp or higher so this is what im aiming for

my main restrictors will be the exhaust mani and the carbs i guess so once the engine is up and running all save up for TB's and a proper exhaust mani to match the engine spec

wardy18

thought i would update even thou not alot has happened, the GTi=6 engine is now sat at QEP with Matt and waiting for me to source the new 96mm crank and get that to him so he can pull the engine apart and measure up the new pistons that will be needed etc

progress is slow at the mo but also got alot to do to the car, ie widening my arches for the new wider wheels and making moulds to back myself up, adjusting the cars rides height for the new wheels anf giving the current engine a once over ready for next year

Sign in to follow this