• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Hi Flow Heads 2300cc Internals

Rippthrough
If you use the 96 mm crank and pistons from a BMW M3 you'll end up with a 2251 cm3 and this is more than half the cost of using a Fardon crank.

:)

I like that, the BMW boys are nicking XU9J4 and XU10J4/RS rods and bearings for their engines ('cause the bearings are s*it), and the Peugeot lads are nicking their cranks and pistons in return :lol:

Mandic

S14 crank fits straight in? Or am I missing something? How long are the rods?

Cheers

Ziga

phatgti

i have a 2.1 12v TD engine from a 406, (XUD11?)

Would that crank be useable in a bigger bore petrol engine?

I don't have time for an extensive search, just passing through for old times sake.

Hi folk that know me! :D

Kev's still messing around I see :)

Sandy

Yes.

DrSarty

To elaborate on Sandy's "yes", it's what I have in my 2.2 engine.

92mm stroke with 87mm bore = 2187cc. You can go to 88mm (+?) on an iron block with care.

phatgti

What pistons did you use Doc?

Will it fit the alloy XU9 block from the 1.9 8v or just the iron blocked stuff?

Also is it a runner and how does it go?

Thanks to both of you :(

Edited by phatgti

welshpug

have a look at "2.2L 16v Details in here:" in the Dr's signature :( iron block + custom pistons, goes like stink...

GLPoomobile
Also is it a runner and how does it go?

It goes broooooooooooooom, pop, pop, pop, BANG, broooooooooooooom, pop, pop, pop, BANG,

:(B)

I'll get around to sending Rich the vids I took of it one day. They're a bit crap though and don't do it justice.

welshpug
:( where have you been GLP?

DrSarty
Will it fit the alloy XU9 block from the 1.9 8v or just the iron blocked stuff?

If I'm not mistaken the XU9JA (8v) and XU9J4 (Mi16 1.9) blocks are pretty much identical, bar some webs and stuff. The liners are more chunky but dimensionally they are the same.

IIRC as the XU9J4 crank fits the S16 (XU10) iron block then I'm basically saying AFAIK the crank will fit either, it's just made of a different, stronger material and has a 4mm longer throw than the XU9 and 6mm longer than the XU10 crank.

I'm 98.6676% sure that's correct. What you need to match and watch though is rods and pistons.

People are still playing around with all kinds of combinations on here, even with slight mods as they are all fairly similar it seems.

Edited by DrSarty

B1ack_Mi16

Only thing that springs to my mind is that you need to investigate whether you can find trust bearings that fits with the 92mm crank in the alloy block.

Not sure if it will be a problem, just remember something about that from a post like 7-8 years ago :wacko:

Andreas_

How rods can I use for the 2.1 TD crank in a XU10J2 block?

I can fall back the pistons, but the form is good I think.

Machined pistons are flat on the top and the mix can undesired whirl in befor the compression.

Sign in to follow this