• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kjd4000

Heater Blower

kjd4000

Reading the haynes manual it seems to say that you have to take the complete dash out just to get to the blower?

now my blower isnt working, i took the front of the dial face off and there is power so i assume its the blower, now i just need to get to it but in this weather taking the dash out isnt on my list of favourite jobs to do. is there a better/easier way?

Any help in this matter would be great

Cheers Kieran

Bonzai

its under the dash in the passenger footwell. i was under the impression you could get to it easy enough though its been years since i last looked at mine so i could be wrong

kanyeost

Yeah it's easy; from the passenger footwell look up, (the fan is black and round and about 7" across) undo the three screws holding it in, disconnect the wires and give it a wiggle to get it loose from the sealant and out it drops. Doesn't take long.

jackherer

Haynes is a bit funny about the heater in general, I think they say you have to take the dash out to change the heater matrix too and you simply don't, it's not a hard job really.

kjd4000

nice one cheers guys. yeah haynes is very vague i couldnt believe it wanted me to take the whole dash out. Merry xmas hope everyone is having a great day.

dave_gti
Yeah it's easy; from the passenger footwell look up, (the fan is black and round and about 7" across) undo the three screws holding it in, disconnect the wires and give it a wiggle to get it loose from the sealant and out it drops. Doesn't take long.

that is correct, i changed it on my last 205. and i since bought the 205 i own now and it needs replacing soon :)

Dave G

think i will be having my heater blower out soon the cold is killing me

kjd4000

yeah right!! not the best time for the bloody thing to pack up lol

Sign in to follow this