• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Sterio Not Reading Cd/s

fencer

This isnt actually a 205 related question but I desperetly need some help on this one!

About a week ago I was listening to a some of my mp3s on my way home when I bumped in a pothole :D (wasn't the fist one :) ) ... after calling most of the saints :D I noticed that my sterio had swiched off and then back on, no big deal.... But... it now wont read any CDs/DVDs what so ever!

I had bought the sterio about a year ago over ebay and I dont wish to send it back to Hong Kong as it would be more worth it to buy a new one. Anyone who is good at electronics can give me a hint on what to do?

ham149
This isnt actually a 205 related question but I desperetly need some help on this one!

About a week ago I was listening to a some of my mp3s on my way home when I bumped in a pothole :angry: (wasn't the fist one :excl: ) ... after calling most of the saints :lol: I noticed that my sterio had swiched off and then back on, no big deal.... But... it now wont read any CDs/DVDs what so ever!

I had bought the sterio about a year ago over ebay and I dont wish to send it back to Hong Kong as it would be more worth it to buy a new one. Anyone who is good at electronics can give me a hint on what to do?

take it out disconect it all then reconect it back together as it switching off then back on could have crashed the stereo and it needs unplugging to reset it (most stereo's dont turn fully off so you dont lose your stations)

or the pothole broke the cd drive ( could be anything if thats the case from laser broken to motor gone or a wire come lose inside

fencer
take it out disconect it all then reconect it back together as it switching off then back on could have crashed the stereo and it needs unplugging to reset it (most stereo's dont turn fully off so you dont lose your stations)

or the pothole broke the cd drive ( could be anything if thats the case from laser broken to motor gone or a wire come lose inside

hmmm ... Is disconnecting the battery terminal the same thing? To be honest I already disconnected the terminal thus resetting the sterio. I have contacted the guy where I bought it from and said that my simptoms indicate that there is no disk in the sterio. Does that mean the laser is busted?

ham149
hmmm ... Is disconnecting the battery terminal the same thing? To be honest I already disconnected the terminal thus resetting the sterio. I have contacted the guy where I bought it from and said that my simptoms indicate that there is no disk in the sterio. Does that mean the laser is busted?

could be the laser or any other part of the cd mech tbh. how big was the pot hole?

fencer

If im not mistaking it was a small one but that wasnt the only one .... I'd be lucky if I go out and not bump into one

Sign in to follow this