• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JimLad

Sheared Bolt

JimLad

Hi all.

Removed the thermostat housing from my 1.6 GTI and sheared off one of the bolts flush with the aluminium casting it bolts to :( Removed the casting from the engine but don't really fancy drilling the bolt out.

Does anyone know of a friendly machining shop round here who would entertain drilling it out and helicoiling it if need be? I'm in Rugby.

Cheers

Mikey S
Hi all.

Removed the thermostat housing from my 1.6 GTI and sheared off one of the bolts flush with the aluminium casting it bolts to B) Removed the casting from the engine but don't really fancy drilling the bolt out.

Does anyone know of a friendly machining shop round here who would entertain drilling it out and helicoiling it if need be? I'm in Rugby.

Cheers

i know a good machine shop in milverton, leamington spa that would sort that for you, heathcote automotive. bloke who owns it is called charlie, great chap.

:(

JimLad
i know a good machine shop in milverton, leamington spa that would sort that for you, heathcote automotive. bloke who owns it is called charlie, great chap.

:lol:

Cheers for that matey. Have heard good things of them from a friend. Actually managed to fix it myself in the end which is even better :wub:

Sign in to follow this