• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

405 Owners

i thought id ask on here as there arent many people online at the 405 owners site!

im going to be breaking my lemans soon and i want as much of it to live on as possible so as much of it as poss will be transferred to my towcar another 405 on an M plate

can anyone tell me if the following items are transferrable to a turbo diesel estate??.....

1) front brakes

2) rear beam

3) seats

4) doorcards

5) front bumper

6) Struts

any experiences would be great

Mikey S
i thought id ask on here as there arent many people online at the 405 owners site!

im going to be breaking my lemans soon and i want as much of it to live on as possible so as much of it as poss will be transferred to my towcar another 405 on an M plate

can anyone tell me if the following items are transferrable to a turbo diesel estate??.....

1) front brakes

2) rear beam

3) seats

4) doorcards

5) front bumper

6) Struts

any experiences would be great

1. is your towcar a td? they are the same if it is.

2. not sure.

3. yes

4. yes

5. yes

6. 99% sure.

hth

edit. just read it is a td so ignore my 1st answer.

Edited by pugger

welshpug

the only think I can imagine being an issue is the rear seats and doorcards.

rear beam will be identical, bar maybe a slightly bigger ARB on the Mi, but the estate did use quite hefty shock absorbers.

Baz

Would've thpought it all would yes. :)

yea a shame but the saloon has a rather alarming chassis leg rust patch which i hadnt noticed previously so she has to go

i might try the wishbones aswel maybe ill get some neg camber action like the 309 ones on a 205!!

rear bumper???

welshpug

rear bumper wont go one, very different I'm afraid, shame about the Lemans, it seems if they rust at all that's where they start to go :)

wishbones are the same IIRC.

calvinhorse

do the back seats in the estate not fold down?

welshpug

weld the lemans!!

KRISKARRERA

Someone over on the 405 forum has had their LeMans broken into and damaged. He'll need doors. I've linked to this thread over there in case he wants to ask you about getting certain large parts of bodywork.

i dont want to weld it, im sure its been thwacked and bodged so opening up some can of worms when the torch comes out isnt worth the hassle

thanks for the link kris, you can tell him the body parts wont cost a lot

Sloppy

vertually all them parts, i used to have a td with lemans interior axle brakes etc, was a reall nice car untill some c*nt pulled out in front of me and made it scrap!

Sign in to follow this