• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave G

205 Sunroof Or Non Sunroof Model

Dave G

Im in the process of making a track 205 but was wondering how much of a difference with will make to have one or not etc.

What are the cures to this problem if non sunroof is the way to go, i have heard of the plated idea but the ideal of a plate of steel with rivits and sealer ever where dosent appeal to me

cheers All :wacko:

pete1986

I think there is regulation that state a sunroof isnt allowed on a competitive car, i may be wrong though :wacko:

ashley peddle

the plates can look quite smart...

essexmeet22jan0667nb.jpg

surely you should be thinking function over form though?

Jrod

Personally I'd go non sunroof but if It was to hard to get hold of I'd just plate it.

Baz
Personally I'd go non sunroof but if It was to hard to get hold of I'd just plate it.

Same here, obviously a non sunroof is stronger/better from the off, but in the day and age with regs etc it doen't really matter.

Miles

You can run sunroof's in comp car's in some classes but it must be steel not glass,

I doubt there's much in it between a non and sunroof model as the metal is just a skin over the frame around the roof, Just press the roof down to see who weak it is, I know it can be stressed but not allot

ashley peddle

there isnt going to be any flex in the shell created by a sunroof if you have a cage fitted (properly, lol)

and then there is the argument about the extra bracing in the roof on sunroof cars... that plus the sunroof plate could in theory be stronger than non-sunny models? *runs from the purists*

Bonzai

you could always change the roof skin. if the rumours are true then they are still available. Im thinking about it.....

Miles

Yes oyu can still get them, Circa £100.00, Fitting is the costly part thou

Dj_mini

I did it last year £105 from pug and a pig to fit :) looked good in the end tho.

mickie

reason i'd have a non sun roof is because the pipes coming off the sunroof split and leak and also the pipes going through the rear inner arch lead to rust

Dave G

Seems like there is plenty of reasons to go the safe option and remove the sunroof then. will get the parts person to have a hunt about for me tomorrow for a supplier for a roof skin and go from there.

thanks guys for the heads up

Bonzai
I did it last year £105 from pug and a pig to fit :ph34r: looked good in the end tho.

ive been told its about 40 spot welds and a bunch of filler. a mate of a mate of a mate ( :) ) reckons its less than a days work.

maz89

You kidding mines in a repectible body shop now. right at this moment are cutting the old roof panel. They say its one of those jobs that needs time to get it right but hey you could bodge it i guess.

Sign in to follow this