• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craigb

Tdc Sensor Or Crank Sensor

Craigb

I'm having a new flywheel and clutch made up at the moment , after mine self descructed at the weekend . The new one has the timing trigger on the flywheel.

Having had a look around , i am a little confused about which sensor mounts into the BE3 bell housing to pick up the timing teeth .

GSF have a tdc sesnor and a crank sensor listed for various peugeot / citroen cars .

Does anyone have a part number for the correct sensor .

it'll save me having the daft conversation with the peugeot parts monkey about what's my chassis number ?

Anthony

I think that N92536 should do you - that's listed as a ZX/Xantia 2.0 crank sensor (only £14.50 plus VAT too)

jackherer
I think that N92536 should do you - that's listed as a ZX/Xantia 2.0 crank sensor (only £14.50 plus VAT too)

They are cheap looking plastic things but I've been running one for a few years with no problems.

Craigb
They are cheap looking plastic things but I've been running one for a few years with no problems.

picked one up yesterday , do you know if these are inductive or digital

I am assuming digital as it has three wires going into the connector, numbered 1 2 3.

Any ideas what they should be wired up to ?

pugrallye

They are a Hall sensor, will reproduce a square wave pattern pin 1 is normally +ve and 2 is signal and 3 is -ve would double check on wiring diagram but they are pretty much generic like that, double check car they are being wired up to as some hall sensors are only 5 v input..

Edited by pugrallye

petert

They are not hall effect, but rather inductive and produce a very low voltage sine wave. Signal wires are 1 and 2, with 3 being the shield.

Sign in to follow this