• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
24seven

Sagem Sl96

24seven

Does anyone know if this ECU is remappable or not? It's the one found on the 306/406 1.8 16v lump. Basically I don't want to have to get an aftermarket system to go with my mods, if I can avoid it (I don't know squat about ECU's, and electrics scare me).

pug_ham

I don't think it is remappable from reading a topic on 306 GTi-6.com (which you have posted on) & I couldn't find a definative answer anywhere else.

The Sagem ecu has a known fault & you can get a marelli upgrade to fix.

The Sagem SL96-9 ECU

Most commonly fitted to 1.4 Peugeot, these ECUs suffer from voltage spikes caused by the sagem ignition coil pack.

It could be worth give Wayne at chipwizards a call, he should be able to give you a definative answer about it.

Graham.

24seven

Cheers, will do.

I got that impression from the 6 forum too, but generally speaking they don't like non GTi-6/rallye owners on there so I don't take most of it as definite answers.

I'd rad about taht fault but I don't think I'm suffering it on my car. My stepper motor is on the blink as it doesn't idle right when cold (disconnect the stepper motor and the same problem happens when warm as well) so I'm gonna get that fixed as soon as I can afford a replacement.

Sign in to follow this