• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kaich

Xu10head On A 1.9 8v?

DamirGTI
ditto! fit the gti6!!!!

Yes , it's better/newer engine then mi16 :) it is a bit pricey but worth the money for sure :blush:

Damir

kaich
Yes , it's better/newer engine then mi16 ;) it is a bit pricey but worth the money for sure B) Damir
of course mate! :) but as I have say above gti6 is my last resource :)anyway GTI6 engine is more powerful (and it have got more potential) and a I have read many thread about this engine....I think that is the most succesful engine for 205 upgrade ;) Cheers!
Sounds like a plan! Sorry for intruding on your thread btw Kaitch!
doesn't matter mate ;)

kaich
ahh. in taht case, get an Mi16 or a GTi-6. the XU7 has great tuning potential, but without a decent budget not a lot is going to happen. Hence why mine is still so ruddy slow!

OT but XU7 it's the engine wich derive the 206 rc engine, right?

Sandy

Boost? Idiots ;)

The 206 WRC engine is based on the XU7, but I expect only the block is retained in reality.

danpug
Boost? Idiots :P

:):P

eu_andreiutz

OT: does a xu9j4 16v (d6c) head fit on a xu9ja 8v (d6b) engine?

Sorry for the intrusion and thanks for the help.

NNN

Yes, both the xu9j4 and xu10j4 (and xu10j4r and rs) can be fit on a xu9 block... both conversions are as simple and as difficult as each other. You dont need any adaptor plates and the only 2 things that need some kind of attention are the top mount and the tensioner. The mount to be used, as Ive heard, should be the one from a 1.8 16v engine, but I cannot confirm that.

Both conversions have been done here in Argentina quite a few times, and none has been found to be easier.

Ive also read somewhere that the xu9j4 head slightly outflows the xu10j4 (the mi16 - S16 head, not the GTI6), can anyone with flowbench exp confirm that, since I thought that both head having the same valve size and port geometry (as far as my eyes can see) would flow similarely. Thanks.

eu_andreiutz

Ok, so should I change the electronics too? Or can I keep the Le2 jetronic I have now? What other modifications should I do?

Sorry for intruding here Kaich.

markw

so would an s16 head fit straight onto an alloy mi block(hope so as i just bought one)

Sign in to follow this