• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kaich

Xu10head On A 1.9 8v?

kaich

if I don't find a Xu9j4 head for my 1.9 8v I'll try to search for a XU 10 head ( XU10J4 or XU10J4RS).

I have used the search and I find out that it's a possible way, but:

xu9 bore 83 mm stroke 88mm

xu10 bore 86 mm stroke 86mm

so the xu 10 a different stroke. And what about the head, it a have chamber more larger????

also there's difference with CR.... XU9J4 chambers 40cc e XU10 37 cc .... right?

ps: otherwise can someone sell me an mi 16 head in italy? ;)

Edited by kaich

Baz

Think i'm right in saying the valves are slightly larger and the ports are a better shape so flow a little better. Hopefully someone will confirm/correct me.

kaich
Think i'm right in saying the valves are slightly larger and the ports are a better shape so flow a little better. Hopefully someone will confirm/correct me.

as I imagine :lol:

so it's a better way (and easy) to swap the 1.9 8V head with xu10 head

BTW sound strange fit an head with chamber more larger, but if it works why not? :wacko:

matt-k

Please correct me if im wrong but a 16v head wont fit an 8v block as the oil and waterways dont line up. Unless your fitting an adapter plate between head and block. Your better off fitting a complete 16v engine unless its to get around some racing regs?

Hilgie

You cannot fit a XUJ4 head to a XU9 block due to the bore size. When talking about XU10 heads on 1.9-8V blocks it is always about the 2.0-8V head. The reason for that is that it has bigger valves than the 1.9 head. Even better would be 2.0-8V valves into a 1.9-8V head.

kaich
You cannot fit a XUJ4 head to a XU9 block due to the bore size. When talking about XU10 heads on 1.9-8V blocks it is always about the 2.0-8V head. The reason for that is that it has bigger valves than the 1.9 head. Even better would be 2.0-8V valves into a 1.9-8V head.

oh... I understood :)

so the only way to fit a 16V head in 1.9 8v is a xu9j4 head, right?

Regards

Miles

It's catch 22 I think and not something I would do at all, But the XU10J2 head has larger inlet and slightly smaller exhaust valves & ports along with the larger bore size the headgasket option has always been open as some use the 2l and other's the 1.9 but you won;t get a good seal as you would do using the right size head's and bores.

You can fit any XU head to any XU engine (with mods) as the oil and water way's are pretty much the same, only the Iron and Alloy block's vary slightly

petert
so the only way to fit a 16V head in 1.9 8v is a xu9j4 head, right?

No, the engine mount for an 8V is on the head. Whilst the 16V mount attaches to the block, with five bolts. Three of the five bolt holes are on the 8V block, but are you game enough to hang it off only three?

In addition, the dipstick is in the wrong place, but that can be solved.

kaich
No, the engine mount for an 8V is on the head. Whilst the 16V mount attaches to the block, with five bolts. Three of the five bolt holes are on the 8V block, but are you game enough to hang it off only three?

In addition, the dipstick is in the wrong place, but that can be solved.

I see.

to fit a XU9j4 head i need to change the top engine mount as I saw in man Mi16pics conversion

I need a mount attaches like in the pics (five bolt holes)

post-10840-1194759362.jpg

and also the right top engine mount

I'm thinking all XU9 alloy block are the same, isn'it?

If I put an XU9j4 head on my XU9jA block don't I have the five bolt holes???

Thankyou!

Edited by kaich

DamirGTI
I see.

to fit a XU9j4 head i need to change the top engine mount as I saw in man Mi16pics conversion

I need a mount attaches like in the pics (five bolt holes)

post-10840-1194759362.jpg

and also the right top engine mount

I'm thinking all XU9 alloy block are the same, isn'it?If I put an XU9j4 head on my XU9jA block don't I have the five bolt holes???

Thankyou!

yes and no , they are the same shape cylinder/liner bore design etc. except the MI16 block has two timing belt tensioners and 8V block has one so you will have problem with this ... really not worth a trouble - it's best to buy complete MI16 engine

:)

have you found one yet ?

Edited by DamirGTI

kaich
yes and no , they are the same shape cylinder/liner bore design etc. except the MI16 block has two timing belt tensioners and 8V block has one so you will have problem with this ... really not worth a trouble - it's best to buy complete MI16 engine

:)

have you found one yet ?

no way to find an complete MI 16 engine here, I phoned a lot of peple (including the list of other thread) but nobody has it. I'm lucky if I'll found an MI16 head....

as I saw on 405 Haynes manual, there's two timing belt tensioners instead one...

is it possible to fit a second timing belt tensioner in a 8v block?

Regards

Edited by kaich

DamirGTI
no way to find an complete MI 16 engine here, I phoned a lot of peple (including the list of other thread) but nobody has it. I'm lucky if I'll found an MI16 head....

as I saw on 405 Haynes manual, there's two timing belt tensioners instead one...

is it possible to fit a second timing belt tensioner in a 8v block?

Regards

really ? :lol: strange :rolleyes: well here in Croatia you can buy complete 405 Mi16 car for a 400-500EU in a bit rough condition but complete with engine wiring - everything on it ... how come that there's no Peugeot 405 Mi16 cars in Italy ?!? or Citroen BX 1.9 16v ? it has same MI16 engine , or Peugeot 309 16v ...

I will ask my mate whats up with this Mi16 engines back there in Italy , he goes there at least 2 times every week and he know a lots of scrapyard owners there ...

Yes it's possible to make another tensioner on 8v block but i really wouldn't bother myself with this if i where you :)

Regards !

Damir

kaich
really ? :lol: strange :rolleyes: well here in Croatia you can buy complete 405 Mi16 car for a 400-500EU in a bit rough condition but complete with engine wiring - everything on it ... how come that there's no Peugeot 405 Mi16 cars in Italy ?!? or Citroen BX 1.9 16v ? it has same MI16 engine , or Peugeot 309 16v ...

I will ask my mate whats up with this Mi16 engines back there in Italy , he goes there at least 2 times every week and he know a lots of scrapyard owners there ...

Yes it's possible to make another tensioner on 8v block but i really wouldn't bother myself with this if i where you :)

Regards !

Damir

it sound strange by after a lot of phone (and also a lot of Km) I don't find anything.... only 2 gti6 engines. :(

so I'm waiting you ask to your mate. Thankyou!

Cheers!

brianthemagical

fit a gti-6

welshpug

ditto! fit the gti6!!!!

wardy18

so how much work is it to fit a XU10 head to the XU9?!

surely this is relatively cheap mod as you can pick up a head for next to nothin and do a straight swap so instantly getting 1mm oversize inlet valves?!

is this an easy conversion as i may consider it before for my race 205 next year before i spend any money fitting and shimming my rally cam into and skimming my XU9 head........

24seven

an 8V XU 10 head should go straight onto the XU9 8V block. If you want to put a 16V headonto your 8V block, you'd be a lot better off just getting a 16V engine instead, as the block is stronger and all the mounts are in the right place, and you won't have issues with the tensioner(s).

kaich

GTI6 engine is my last resource because:

1) my 205 has a rebuild 8V engine (liners pistons ecc only with 20000 miles)

2) I have both PAS and AC in my car so if I put gti6I have to renewal both PAS and AC

3) a XU9j4 (engine or head) engine is more difficult to find, but very cheap instead GTI6 (a GTI6 engine here cost about € 1400-1500)

4) I have already a lot of bits to make an mi16 conversion (AFM, dizzy, ecu, manifolds)

I know, it is always a better way to change engine, expecially if I find a mi16 engine...

Edited by kaich

danpug

Why don't you go for the 1.8 16v you mentioned in your first post?

24seven

the 1.8 16V head is the same casting as the GTi-6 head.

danpug

I mean grab the complete engine.

24seven

ahh. in taht case, get an Mi16 or a GTi-6. the XU7 has great tuning potential, but without a decent budget not a lot is going to happen. Hence why mine is still so ruddy slow!

danpug

I've got one sitting here as well! Got all the components i need (6 cams, dta, tb's, etc) but i'm getting tempted to do just do a turbo, much as sandy will hate me!

• Like 1

24seven

lol. Yeah it was reading sandy's posts about his 309 goodwood that made me want to tune an XU7. I'm gonna try a full 6 top half (head with full valve/camtrain + manifolds/exhaust/fuelling/tb/sensors etc) then swap the non working AC pump for an eaton M45 supercharger. Little is imminent tho :).

danpug

Sounds like a plan! Sorry for intruding on your thread btw Kaitch!

Sign in to follow this