• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
16v205

Where To Get Forged Pistons

16v205

Hi,

Im looking for somewhere to buy a set of 87.5mm s16 forged pistons, rings and gudgeons.

My predicament is I ordered and paid for a set way back in March and so far ive received no details about them yet alone a delivery date. Sadly I went through a mate and his company who I appreciate is just a middle man and I cant keep pestering him about them as he's being told nothing when chasing them up on my behalf. I just want to get on the phone to the end supplier as I dont take too kindly to being ignored. The end supplier who is a reputable company may be really busy which can only be a good sign for them, but being selfish for a moment, 6 months later I still dont have anything.

What really rubs salt in the wounds is the extra £100 I paid ON TOP of the sale price back in June for a 3 week turn around as it was recommended to have them made by another piston manufacturer who were faster :P Will I get that £100 back if they turn up now 9 weeks later? Doubt it.

Im about to get my money back Monday if I receive no confirmed delivery date,

Rant over :) What im looking for is anyones experience in buying pistons?

Has anyone any experience of buying Wossner pistons I see all over the place? Have they lasted well in your car?

Does anyone on here sell pistons? Miles - Petert?

Cheers

Rich

pdd144c

Wossner produce great pistons. I'm using them on my T16 engine, and have used them on numerous other engines with good results. I can supply them if required at a good price, but I think they only make them up to 87mm giving a 12.2:1 comp ratio. Paul.

Miles

I tend to go for Omega or JE, But the latter doesn;t list a 87.5mm piston, only 86mm and 88mm C/W rings and gudgeon pin's, Might be able to get a custom set thou

Sam

Wiseco can do custom very easily. Drop petert a PM.

16v205

Got some pistons eventually :excl: . I know it wasnt the companys fault I originally ordered them from but I wasted a whole year nearly so can now get my finger out and start building the engine in the new year.

Pistons came from Wossner, purchased through BB Performance Tuning. They turned up 3 days later than the 6 weeks that was quoted. Their custom made 88mm forged gti-6 pistons, 11.5:1 compression, gudgeon pin height has been moved 1mm to allow the use of a mi16 crank. Rings, gudgeon pins and circlips are all available next day off the shelf. Complete weight of a single piston inc rings and pin & circlips is around 470grams give or take a few grams as im only using a cheap set of scales. Im impressed so far with the service and the quality of the parts, just cant wait to start building my engine :angry:

post-247-1198190152_thumb.jpg

Rich

kate205gti

very shiney :angry::excl:

Baz

Nice! Comparibly priced Rich?

Sign in to follow this