• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scumbag

Wonky Front End!

scumbag

Looking at my car you can see its had a little bump, and the bumper needs raising and lights lining up properly again as they are all a bit wonky.

Part of this means I need a new cage thing that the fan sits in and a new grill etc. Where is the best place to source these?

Also, the lower sill on rear windscreen seems loose! How much should I be paying for a new boot with window / second hand maybe?

After sticking all this on, (could do with bonnet too) how much should I be looking at for a blowover spray in original white ( just outside of car, not engine bay or anything) if I do some prep myself?

Thanks guys

28CRAIG

If your lights are out of line then you have proberly bent the front pannle i would take it to a few body shops get some one to have a look you dont want to fix it then come to mot and they fail it on headlight alignment. I am sure if you done a wanted post people on here would have the other bits you need.

scumbag

It's only just passed it's mot but it just doesnt look right! I know a local scrapper with a full slam panel brand new for 20 quid. may just whack that on!

welshpug

slam panels are only a tenner brand new ;)

whip the grill and bumper off and check the headlamp panels, make sure the inner wings are straight too.

adjusting the lamps is easy, 10mm nuts on the inner carriers, large cross heads on the outer ones, as well as a knob to adjust the aim l/r on the inner bracket and a screw on the outer bracket for up/down aim.

all the 205's use the same rad fan cowling, they come out really easy once you've taken off the slam panel and grille (no need to disconnect the rad, just lift the pegs out and move it back and down)

the bumper bolts are also soo much easier to get to when the rad cowling is out of the way too.

scumbag

Ideal many thanks. The rad isnt held in place all too well on it at the moment due to the rubbish cowling. I'm going to get a new bonnet and grill as they came off a blue one and painted by a moron by the looks of it without sanding or priming first!

The main prob is when I have done this and got a new boot lid and bonnet etc is getting them painted, thats why I though of the blowover. When I was 18 it used to be 400 quid ish, or about 50 a panel. Spoke to a local sprayer the other day and he said 650 or 700! Just for a blowover. Does that sound a lot?

It gets worse everyday! Poxy misfiring today so in went new plugs and leads. While doing this it appeared the engine had a resident while the car was stored in its barn on the farm. Rat poop on the top of the engine! He appears to be gone now tho ;)

Sign in to follow this