• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
axnutty

Non Pattern Bumpers

axnutty

Ive been offered a set of standard phase 2 (black) GTi bumpers (front and rear) still in the packaging for £30 inc postage.

Which seems a very nice deal to me. But question: - these arent Peugeot pattern parts, but some after market copy.

Has anyone had any experience of using these? Should I stear clear or would you never know unless you look very carefully? (My experience of third party panels on Minis would tell me not to bother... but maybe Peugeots are different - I dont know?)

Thoughts please guys.

Miles

You never know as there's so many around, The last bumper I got from GSF was made from the same material as the std Pug one's, But the time before that was just light plastic with no strength at all, Ideal for a race car thou!!

hengti

the Autofive supplied one i used when i broke one of mine was also plastic - like the side mouldings

the oe bumpers are Glass Reinforced Plastic apparently - much stiffer

didn't have any problems with fitment though and it was cheap enough. i wouldn't worry about it - it's not as if the GRP bumpers are going to soak up that much damage if you ever 'stack the tin shack'

Edp

I think I got one for the 1.6 from Neat Autos and it felt pretty sturdy. All the holes lined up too.

Ryan

What are the Neat ones like width-wise?

I want some new side trim and a front bumper to replace my faded ones, but I'm worried about pattern bumpers being a bit too wide and looking funny...

Sign in to follow this